What is Cervical Spondylitis?
Cervical spondylitis affects the spinal disc. This ailment is caused due to exceeding pressure on the disc, and the aging process worsens it.
What are the symptoms of Cervical Spondylitis?
Some of the major signs that indicate the chances of cervical spondylitis in a person are:
- Pain in legs, thigh muscles, back, shoulder, and neck.
- Extreme head pain
- Stiffness and fatigue
- Pain while sneezing and coughing
- Numbness in neck and shoulder muscles
What are the causes of Cervical Spondylitis?
The main reasons behind cervical spondylitis are:
- Lack of fluid in spinal discs
- Bone overgrowth
- Cracks in the spinal discs
- Injuries or accidents
- Stiffness in ligaments
What is the treatment for Cervical Spondylitis?
- Physical exam
- CT, MRI scan, and EMG
- Physical therapy (appropriate exercise to stretch neck and shoulder muscles)
- Medications (anti-epileptic drugs, steroid injections, muscle relaxants, and pain reliever)
- Surgery if the condition is worse
BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals is one of the best hospitals for the treatment of cervical spondylitis in Bangalore. We have onboard some of the best spine surgeon in Bnaglore for the treatment of cervical spondylitis.