About The Department
Endovascular neurosurgery is a branch of study within the field of neurosurgery, which uses catheters and radiology to diagnose and treat various conditions and diseases of the central nervous system (CNS).
Technologies And Procedures
- Cerebral angiogram: A diagnostic procedure that monitors the cerebral blood vessels blood flow in the brain.
- Endovascular coiling for Aneurysm: This procedure is used to treat a brain aneurysm. It uses a fine metal coil that is inserted inside a brain aneurysm to block blood flow.
- Stent assisted coiling: Stent-assisted coiling is a safe technique to treat unruptured wide-necked aneurysms in the endovascular armamentarium with a low rate of complications, stent-stenosis, and recanalization.
- Endovascular Embolization for AVM: Endovascular embolization is a technique performed to cut off the blood supply to a specific part of an artery. A catheter is used to inject a fine device into arteries which helps reduce the flow of blood through the AVM.
- Mechanical thrombectomy in acute stroke: This procedure uses clot-busting medicine to dissolve a clot in a blood vessel of the brain.
- Angioplasty and Stent Revascularization in acute stroke: Coronary angioplasty is a procedure used to open clogged heart arteries. A tiny balloon catheter is used to help widen the blocked blood vessel and improve blood flow and the stent decreases the arteries’ chance of narrowing again.
- Carotid angioplasty and stenting: This procedure uses a small balloon or a tiny metal scaffold (stent) to open up a narrowed or clogged carotid artery.
Gleneagles Global Hospitals is one of the best hospitals for endovascular neurosurgery in Bengaluru, with expert endovascular neurosurgeons who are skilful enough to perform procedures and surgeries with an extremely high success rate.