Dr Nagabhushan J S
Department: Surgical Gastroenterology
Designation: Lead, Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Sr Consultant GI & Colorectal Surgeon at BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital
Qualification: MBBS, MS, FRCSEd, FRCS, FRCS (Gla), CCT (UK)Book an appointment
Dr Nagabhushan JS is an experienced Senior GI & Colorectal surgeon, currently heading the Department as Senior Consultant in BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Bengaluru.
He has more than 28 years of rich experience in GI Surgery, and allied specialties, with higher specialization qualifications in Colorectal surgery. His Primary Qualifications are from KMC, Hubli followed by MS in Surgery from BMC, Bangalore. He later pursued Higher Surgical Training in the UK specializing in Colorectal surgery & GI Surgery. He holds the prestigious Fellowships FRCSEd, FRCS( Gla), & FRCS ( Intercollegiate) . He has been a visiting Fellow in Colon & Rectal surgery at the prestigious MAYO clinic in Rochester, USA. He has worked as a Consultant In Colorectal Surgery in Glasgow & Edinburgh, both of which are specialized Colorectal centres for Scotland. He has accreditation for Upper GI Endoscopy and Colonoscopy from JAG ( Joint Advisory group on GI Endoscopy).
His passion is the provision of affordable and quality care in colorectal surgery & GI surgery. He has been instrumental along with the team in developing the Department of GI surgery, MIS & Colorectal surgery in achieving the goal of it being recognized as one of the best GI & Colorectal centre’s in the city. We are consistently recognized as one of the best referral centres for advanced Colorectal & GI surgeries for Bengaluru and Karnataka.
He is currently examiner for the Specialist training Fellows in GI and MIS under the auspices of Rajiv Gandhi Health University. He has published extensively in various indexed journals. He has also been part of various training programs as Faculty, locally, in the state and nationally. He has had initial training experience in Robotic surgery and aiming to develop further the use of Robotics in Surgery.
28+ Years of Experience
He has more than 28 years of GI surgery experience as a Consultant. He has worked as:
- Consultant in GI & Colorectal Surgeon, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
- Consultant in GI & Colorectal Surgeon, Western Infirmary, Edinburgh, UK
- Consultant in GI & Colorectal Surgeon, Bangalore Baptist Hospital, Bengaluru
- Consultant in GI & Colorectal Surgeon, Narayana Health, HSR Layout, Bengaluru
- Specialized colorectal- Colon & rectal Cancers, MIS (Laparoscopic surgeries for colon cancers), TATME & ISR, rectal prolapsed, Functional colonic disorders, Transanal resections of benign and malignant lesions.
- Advanced proctology- Haemorrhoids (Piles), fistula, fissure and Pilonidal sinus surgery including judicious use of Lasers in proctology.
- Advanced laparoscopic & Robotic surgery, Fundoplication, complex cholecystectomy, complex Lap GI work
- Liver disorders- benign and malignant Liver conditions, Infective lesions of the Liver
- Hernia repairs of Groin, Incisional and other rare hernias along with complex AWRs and laparoscopic hernia repairs with ETEP concepts incorporated
- Pancreas disorders- Acute and chronic pancreatitis and pancreatic tumors.
- Advanced Lower GI endoscopy ( Colonoscopy) including EMRs
- He completed his CCT- General surgery, Royal college of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- He was a fellowship of Association of Indian Surgeons, India
- He was a fellowship of Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow
- He was a fellowship of Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- Anderson JA, Nagabhushan JS, Yip C, Connelly S: Day case Karydakis flap
- Diseases of the colon and Rectum.2008, Jan; 51(1):134-8.
- Nagabhushan JS, Srinath S, Weir F, Angerson WJ, Sugden BA, Morran CG:
- Comparison of P-POSSUM and O-POSSUM in predicting mortality in elective Oesophagogastric resections. Postgrad Med J. 2007 May;83(979):355-8
- Nagabhushan JS, Murphy K, Angerson W, Kingsmore DB, Byrne DS, McKay
- Prognostic scoring in patients with melanoma after adjuvant isolated limb perfusion.J Surg Res. 2007 Mar; 138(1):2
- Nagabhushan JS, Ranganath K Rao, Srinath S: Pseudoaneurysm of Axillary
- Artery Following Shoulder Dislocation. Internet Journal of Emergency Medicine, 2004: 2(1)
- Nagabhushan JS, Baker P, Newland AD: Fishing: Pleasure or pain. Internet
- Journal of Gastroenterology, 2004: 9(1)
- Saklani AP, Shafi M, Nagabhushan J, Delicata RJ: A survey of safety of doctor’s
- driving home after a night ‘on call’. Hospital Medicine 2003; 64:552-555
- G Sen, Nagabhushan J, Joypaul BV: Gastric Schwannoma- Case reports and
- review of Literature. Gastrointestinal Oncology; 2002, 4 (1); 17-21
- G Sen, Nagabhushan J, Joypaul BV: Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy in third
- trimester of Pregnancy- A case report. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 22(5):02,