Dr Harsha K J
Department: Neuro Sciences
Designation: Neuro Interventional Specialist, Stroke Specialist & Neuro Radiologist
Qualification: MBBS, MD Radio-diagnosis, DM Neuroimaging & Interventional Neuroradiology, Clinical Fellowship in Cerebrovascular diseasesBook an appointment
Dr Harsha K J is an extremely skilled and internationally trained medical professional with years of experience in the field of neurology. He has been associated with several reputed hospitals and medical centres in the country and is currently serving Indo-American Hospital as a Consultant.
He is well-versed in the assessment and management of various neurovascular diseases, head and neck vascular malformations. He is also proficient in carrying out neuroendovascular surgery that includes endovascular coiling of aneurysms, embolizations of AVM/DAVF/tumours, intra and extracranial stenting, dural stenting and angioplasty, intra arterial thrombolysis.
Dr Kamble does not miss a chance to learn new things and hone his skills for which he attends workshops and seminars whenever he can. He has been an active part of several conferences that were organized by various reputed hospitals and medical institutions of the country.
- General radiology
- Neuroendovascular surgery
- DNB Neurosurgery
- Endovascular Neurosurgery
- cerebrovascular reactivity evaluation
- Ultrasound-guided minimally invasive procedure like FNAC, biopsy, pre-operative tumour localisation
- Ultrasonography including colour Doppler studies
- Full-spectrum of head and body CT imaging
- mechanical thrombectomy
- First prize in interventional radiology quiz for residents at 13th Annual Conference of ISVIR held at PGIMED & R, Chandigarh, India
- Selected for “INVEST IN YOUTH” programme for paper presentation in European Congress of Radiology, Vienna, Austria.
- Awarded achievement pin for attaining the goal of “DOOR TO NEEDLE” WITHIN 20 MINUTES in hyperacute stroke management
- Harsha KJ, Basti RS, Kesavadas C, Thomas B. Susceptibility-weighted imaging in carotid-cavernous fistulas. A case-control study. Interv Neuroradiol. 2013;19(4):438-44.
- Harsha KJ, Jayadevan ER, Jagtap S, Almpath P, Kenneth S. Inferior petrous sinus sampling after nasal desmopressin stimulation: a new technique in the diagnostic evaluation of ACTH-dependent Cushing’s syndrome. Neurol India. 2012;60(6):650-2
- Harsha KJ, Kesavadas C, Chinchure S, Thomas B, Jagtap S. Imaging of vascular causes of trigeminal neuralgia. J Neuroradiol. 2012;39(5):281-9.
- Jagtap S, Srinivas G, Harsha KJ, Radhakrishnan N, Radhakrishnan A. Sturge-Weber syndrome: clinical spectrum, disease course, and outcome of 30 patients. J Child Neurol. 2013;28(6):725-31.
- Jagtap SA, Das GK, Kambale HJ, Radhakrishnan A, Nair M. Limbic encephalitis: Limbic encephalitis: Clinical spectrum and long-term outcome from a developing country perspective. Ann Indian Acad Neurol 2014;17:161-5.
- Muthusami P, Kesavadas C, Sylaja PN, Thomas B, Harsha KJ, Kapilamoorthy TR. Implicating the long styloid process in cervical carotid artery dissection. Neuroradiology. 2013;55(7):861-
- Clincher SD, Pendharkar HS, Gupta AK, Bodhey N, Harsha KJ. Adult-onset moyamoya disease: an institutional experience. Neurol India. 2011; 59(5):733-8.
- Jagtap SA, Nair MD, Kambale HJ. Subacute sclerosing panencephalitis: A clinical appraisal. Ann Indian Acad Neurol. 2013; 16(4):631-3.
- Kamble HJ, Parameswaran K. “Venous congestion” as a cause of subcortical white matter T2 hypointensity on magnetic resonance images – Ann Indian Acad Neurol. 2016;19(3):411-3.
- Harsha KJ, Thomas A. Unusual degenerated disc migration along sacral nerve root into neural foramina up to pelvic cavity. Neurol India 2016;64:542-4.
- Harsha KJ, K Parameswaran. Permanent spinal cord injury during lumbar spinal anaesthesia – A report of two cases – Neurol India. 2016;64(4):808-11.
- Harsha KJ, Nair JS. A report of the first case of Tourette syndrome associated with segmental agenesis of the corpus callosum. Neurol India. 2016;64(5):1057-8.
- Harsha KJ, Parameswaran K. Wolfram (DIDMOAD) syndrome with ventral central pontine hyperintensity without brainstem atrophy. Neurol India. 2016;64(6):1310-1312.
- Harsha KJ, Parameswaran K. Is cervicocephalic dissection a part “postpartum vasculopathy” spectrum? A case of postpartum posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome, bilateral petrous carotid artery dissections, and stroke. Neurol India. 2016;64(6):1305-1307.
- Harsha KJ, Kesavadas C, Thomas B, Kapilamoorthy TR, Jagtap S, Radhakrishnan N. CNS small vessel vasculitis: distinct MRI features and histopathological correlation. Neurol India 2017;65:1291-4.
- Harsha KJ, Successful endovascular neurosurgical practice in resource-poor exclusive rural neuro-hospital setup. J Neurosci Rural Pract 2016;7:13-7.
- SK Kenneth, JE Rajan, KJ Harsha. Utility of Contrast-Enhanced Magnetic Resonance Angiography for Delayed Intracranial In-Stent Stenosis in Nonatherosclerotic Cerebral Vascular Diseases. J Clin Interv Radiol ISVIR 2017; 01(02): 085-088.
- Harsha KJ. Imprecise eponyms in stroke medicine – A growing need for uniform terminologies/definitions across the globe. Neurol India. 2019;67(2):364-369.