Dr Joshy E. V
Designation: Senior Consultant Neurologist, Brains Hospital
Qualification: MBBS, M.D (Internal Medicine) D.M (Neurology), Neuromuscular Disease Fellowship USA (LH years)Book an appointment
Dr Joshy E. V is a highly experienced, internationally trained and celebrated medical professional with over 40 years of professional experience. His objective is to set up the first centre for Autoimmune Neurology in Bangalore with a comprehensive treatment facility for patients with various autoimmune neurological disorders. In his three-decade-long career, he has been associated with various reputed hospitals and medical institutes. He worked as the Senior Consultant & Chief of Neurology at SSSIHMS, Bangalore. Currently, he works as a
He also provides free health services to over 20,000 patients every year and provides free education to those who cannot afford formal medical training but have are talented. Along with being a medical professional, he is also the founder of Weekly Neurology.
40 Years of Experience
- 1989 to 2009
Consultant and Chief of Neurology at Mafraq Hospital, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- July 2009 to 2019
Senior Consultant & Chief of Neurology, SSSIHMS, Bangalore
- Jan 2018 to present
Consultant Neurologist, Brains Hospital
- Advanced Autoimmune Neurology practice with Biologicals like Rituximab
- Botox Injection treatment for Dystonia & Movement disorders, Chronic headache
- Keen to start new upcoming treatments with stem cell and gene therapy
- ‘Difficult-to-diagnose & treat Neurology patient’ with alternative modalities
- Suggestion with electric stimulation (Inventor) – Instant cure for Conversion disorders.
- Chronic Stress & Yogic Vagus Nerve Activation (Inventor) treatment
- Clinical Neurology training / mentoring for residents & general practitioners
- New Leadership / Transformation skills based on Landmark Education programs
- Best Outgoing Student Award
- Medical School Dean’s Award
- Author, Text Book on: “Mental Status Examination in Neurology” with multimedia CD Video clinical cases. Joshy E.V. and Valsa Eapen. Paras Medical Publishing, India Jan 2008.
- Quality of life of people with Epilepsy in Iran, the Gulf, and Near East (SIGN group Physicians in ten countries) Epilepsia, 46(1):132-140, 2005
- Principal Investigator -Topiramate (Topamax – Part of international stage IV trail) in Patients with refractory Complex Partial Epilepsy done at Mafraq Hospital 1999 – 2000
- Role of Diffusion Weighted Imaging as the first diagnostic clue to CREUTZFELDT JACOB DISEASE. Sunitha P Kumaran**1, Kanchan Gupta2, Pushpa BT1, Sanjaya Vishwamitra1, E V Joshy1 Korean Journal of Radiology
- Non-ketotic hyperglycemia and recurrent seizures. Nagaraja D; Taly AB; Rao TV; Joshy EV. NIMHANS Journal. 1996 Jan; 14(1): 9-13
- An unusual presentation of Facial nerve neuroma – Speech and Hearing journal 1995. Joshy EV, Dayalan P.
- “Complex Partial Epilepsy” : Joshy E.V. Emirates Medical Journal April 1993
- Different distributions of Epidermal Growth Factor-Like Immunoreactivity and Immunoreactive EGF-Receptors in adult rat Spinal Cord Neurons. Joshy EV, Engel K. Society for Neuroscience, Toronto, Canada Nov.1988.
- Neurological Complications of salmonella Typhi – Clinical, Microbiological and Pathological study : Abstracts of XIII world congress of Neurology, Hamburg.-Journal of Zeitchrift fur Neurologie Supplement to Vol 232, 1985.
- H.O.Sponsored project: Prevalence & inter-relationship of Helminthiasis, Eosinophilia and Respiratory symptoms in 718 children – Joshy E.V. Department of Social & Preventive Medicine, Trivandrum Medical College, India, 1979.
- THESIS: High-Density Lipoprotein and Coronary risk factors in Normal Subjects: Joshy E.V. Thesis submitted to University of Mysore, India, July 1983.