Dr Lakshman Kongwad
Designation: Sr Consultant - Spine Surgeon
Qualification: MBBS, MS (Gen Surgery), M.ch (Neurosurgey)Book an appointment
Dr Lakshman Kongwad is presently working as a Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon at BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals Bangalore. He completed his MBBS from KIMS, Bangalore following which he went on to do his MS in General Surgery (KMC Mangalore) and Mch in Neurosurgery (KMC Manipal) from the prestigious Manipal Academy of Higher Education an “Institute of Eminence” ( one of the 6 institutes to be awarded this title by the Government of India) . After his training he continued to work as an Assistant Professor and Consultant Neurosurgeon at Kasturba Hospital Manipal. Thereafter he joined People Tree Hospitals Bangalore as Consultant Neurosurgeon and was also attached to SIMSRH Tumkur as Associate Professor Neurosurgery
He has expertise in performing various neurosurgical procedures which include surgeries for trauma (cranial and spinal), Cerebrovascular surgeries (Anuerysm , AVM , Cerebral Haemorrhage) Surgery for Stroke, Neuro-oncology (Adult and pediatric brain tumours) Shunt surgeries , Epilepsy Surgeries , Spinal Tumours , Surgery for Spine Disc prolapse , spinal stabilization among others.
He has authored over 35 research publications on varied topics in neurosurgery in various international and national peer reviewed journals including World Neurosurgery, British Journal of Neurosurgery, Child Nervous System and Neurology India . He has also authored a chapter on Surgical approaches for Vestibular Schwannomas . He has been actively involved in organizing various Cadaveric workshops for Spine surgeries , Epilepsy surgeries and was a organising committee member of WFNS white matter dissection course held at KMC Manipal.
- Chief and Associate Professor. Neurosurgery SIMSRH Tumkur.
- Consultant Neurosurgeon , People Tree Hospitals Bangalore
- Assistant Professor, Department of Neurosurgery, Kasturba Medical College Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal INDIA.
- Registrar, Department of Neurosurgery, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal Academy of Higher Education Manipal, INDIA
- Senior Resident ( Non- Acadmeic ) in Neurosurgery JPNATC All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, INDIA.
- Junior Resident, Department of General Surgery, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, Manipal Academy of Higher Education Manipal , INDIA
- Intern, Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre Bangalore, Karnataka
- Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Arteriovenous malformation
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Treatment
- Spinal Diseases
- Spine Injury
- Spinal Surgery
- Spinal Disc Surgery
- Brain infection
- Brain Aneurysm Treatment
- Spinal Cord Injury Treatment
- Traumatic Brain and Spine Injury Management
- Surgery for Cranial and Spinal tumours (Adult and Pediatric)
- Surgery for Pediatric Congenital Conditions (Spinal dysraphism, Hydrocephalus) Surgery for Stroke, Brain Haemorrhage, Cerebrovascular Conditions ( AVM , Aneurysm)
- Complex Skull Base Tumours, Adult Hydrocephalus ,CSF (cerebrospinal fluid) leak repair.
- Life Member Neurological Society of India 2014
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons (Id #467796), 2014
- Member The European Association of Neurological Societies , 2018