Dr Vikas Naik
Department: Neuro Sciences
Designation: Senior Consultant in the Dept of Neurology at BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital
Qualification: MBBS, MCh - Neuro SurgeryBook an appointment
Dr Vikas Naik is a well-known Neurosurgeon in Bangalore who’s dedicated to improving Brain and spine health for his patients, with over 14 years experience as an eminent neurosurgical practitioner on hand. Presently he is working as a Senior Consultant in the Dept of Neurology in BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital, Bangalore. Through this extensive training Dr Vikas has completed more than 3000 surgeries in brain and spine and has an experience of more than 136 Deep Brain stimulation procedures, and 320 procedures of Baclofen/Pain pump, spinal cord stimulator, peripheral nerve stimulator.
He is a highly experienced surgeon with a strong background in managing complex surgeries, he has been result-driven and well versed medical leader for 16 years.
16 Years of Experience
Dr Vikas Naik is a Senior Consultant in the Department of Neurology at BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital, Bangalore and has 16 years experience managing complex brain surgeries. He completed his MBBS from KIMS Hubli School after which he pursued Neurosurgical residency (Mch) training at AIIMS New Delhi through hands-on advanced surgical training programs abroad like USA.
He has undergone hands-on advanced surgical training from top medical centers in the USA and Japan. He has completed his clinical fellowship in Functional neurosurgery from Ohio State University, Columbus Ohio and has undergone advanced training in Endovascular and Cerebrovascular Neurosurgery from Southern Tohoku General Hospital, Fukushima Japan.
- Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson’s
- Essential Tremors & Dystonia
- Intra-thecal pumps for Spasticity and pain
- Spinal Cord Stimulators
- Minimally invasive Brain and Spine surgery
- Disc surgeries, Spinal fusion
- Brain Trauma & Brain tumors
- Brain Haemorrhage
- Skull Base Tumors
- Neuro-intervention/ cerebrovascular surgery for Aneurysms
- Brain haemorrhage & Stroke
- He was awarded the scholarship for oral presentation at state level during 37th Annual meeting in 2009 at Pasadena, Los Angeles.
- He also won prize in Paediatric Quiz competition at state level in 2001, Hubli.
His credentials are impeccable. He has an illustrious track record of teaching and presenting papers in conferences around the world, as well as several publications on Neurosurgery journals from both international and national perspectives.