Dr Rajeev Vijayakumar
Department: Cancer Care/ Oncology
Designation: Consultant, Medical Oncologist, Haemato-Oncologist & BMT Physician
Qualification: DNB (General Medicine), DNB (Medical Oncology), MRCP (UK), ESMO Certified Medical OncologistBook an appointment
Dr Rajeev Vijayakumar is well experienced Medical Oncologist, Haemato-Oncologist & BMT Physician. He completed his DNB, General Medicine from St. Martha’s Hospital, Bengaluru. He is consultant specializing in General Medicine and Medical Oncology providing high quality, personal levels of health care to patients in clinical environments. His medical skills resulting in years of successful patient care during hospitalization. His approach towards patient is very commendable and his persistent in findings best treatment options available for the patients.
He completed his Post-doctoral DNB Medical Oncology from the prestigious Army Hospital Research and Referral Hospital, New Delhi.
He worked as a Tutor, Department of Physiology, KIMS
He worked as a Junior Registrar, Medical ICU
He also gained experience in the management of complex cancers and has special interest in the management of Lymphomas, Breast Cancer, Lung cancer, & Antilogous Stem Cell Transplants. His special areas of interest include Precision medicine using genetic sequencing to provide treatment options for difficult to treat cancers.
He has various publications in national and International journals. He has presented papers at various conferences.
- Management of complex cancers
- Management of Lymphomas,
- Management of Breast Cancer
- Management of Lung cancer
- Management of Autologous Stem Cell Transplants
- Co- investigator in a WHO project “A Clinico-Epidemiological Study of Rabies” at Epidemic Diseases Hospital, Bangalore for a period of lyr. 2004 – 2005
- Paper presented at KACH conference on ” A Study of Knowledge Attitude and Practices of family planning”- 2005
- Publication in National Tuberculosis Conference 2011, souvenir. – “RNTCP, challenges in an urban city hospital”
- Poster and Podium presentation – Primary CNS Lymphoma – Experience at Army Hospital (R&R), at SAARC oncology summit, Gurgaon in 2014
- Best poster Award for the study titled “A Clinico-Pathologic And Demographic Study of Receptor Status In Breast Cancer” at Asian Clinical Oncology Summit- ACOS 2016
Publication in Journal of clinical Carcinogenesis Year: 2016 Volume : 15 | Issue :
1 ACOS Abstracts
- A clinico demographic profile of receptor status in breast cancer
- Primary CNS lymphoma immunocompetent patients – case series