Dr Akshat Nayak
Designation: Consultant - Medical Oncology
Qualification: MBBS MD (general medicine), DM (clinical hematology)
Dr Akshatha Nayak U is an extremely polished and experienced Hematologist. She has had the opportunity to work in prestigious hospitals in India such as Manipal University and Narayana Hrudayalaya. She is an active member of many Karnataka Chapter of Association of Physicians of India – Dakshina Kannada Chapter, Bengal Society of Hematology, Kolkata and Indian Society of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine.
11 Years of Experience
Dr Akshata Nayak U was a Senior Resident and Assistant Professor at Kasturba Medical College (Manipal University), Mangalore. She then completed her fellowship in Hematology/Oncology at Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bengaluru, Karnataka. She has specialized expertise of clinical hematology, laboratory hematology and bone marrow transplant. She completed a thorough clinical study ofcomplicated non-falciparum malaria.
Dr Akshata Nayak U has specialized medical expertise in treating diseases such as
- Acute leukaemia
- Multiple Myeloma
- Chronic leukaemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Isolated leptomeningeal metastasis originating from infiltrating ductal carcinoma of breast – a case report- shetty j, prasad k, mallikarjun k, nayak a. Indian journal of research & reports in medical sciences april- june 2012
- Atypical manifestations of dengue fever (df) – where do we stand today? Satya Sudhish Nimmagadda, Chakrapani Mahabala, Archith Boloor, Pavan Manibettu raghuram, Akshatha Nayak u.
Journal of clinical and diagnostic research; Jan 2014.
- Presented poster titled ‘an unusual case of paraproteinemia- waldenstroms macroglobulinemia’ at kapicon 2012- hassan, karnataka-india
- Poster titled ‘comparative study of vtd and vcd regimens in newly diagnosed multiple myeloma patients attending a tertiary care hospital in west Bengal’ accepted at hematocon 2016-jaipur, Rajasthan-india.
- Presented poster titled ‘prevalence of Idh mutations in aml and its clinicopathological characteristics’ at hematocon 2017-guwahati, Assam- India.
- Presented oral paper titled ‘molecular characteristics of aml in India: a study from a tertiary care center of eastern India’ at hematocon 2017-guwahati, Assam-India.