Dr Mathangi J
Designation: Senior Consultant & In-charge, Department of Radiation Oncology
Qualification: MBBS, DMRT, DNBBook an appointment
Dr Mathangi is one of the trusted senior Radiation Oncologists in Bangalore. She completed MBBS from Stanley Medical College and her post graduation from Madras Medical College, Chennai. She did her DNB residency at Apollo Cancer Specialty Hospital, Chennai and had training in the advanced radiation Oncology techniques like Stereotactic techniques (SRS/SBRT) from Klinikum Frankfurt (Oder), Germany, IGRT/RapidArc from Copenhagen University Hospital (Rigshospitalet), Denmark and Intraoperative radiotherapy (IORT) from Malaysia. She has worked in many reputed oncology centers and presently heading the radiation oncology department at her centre. She is also the Director of Fellowship in Advanced Radiotherapy techniques affiliated to RGUHS.
24+ Years of Experience
She has a rich experience of 24+ years as a Senior Consultant and In – Charge of Department, Radiation Oncologist.
MBBS: Stanley Medical College, Chennai – 1998
DMRT: Madras Medical College, Chennai – 2006
DNB (Radiation Oncology): Apollo Cancer Specialty Hospital, Chennai – 2009
Advanced Radiation Oncology training:
- Klinikum Frankfurt, Germany,
- CUH, Rigshospitalet, Denmark
- UMMC, KL, Malaysia.
- Head and Neck cancers
- Prostate cancers
- Brain tumors
- Lung cancers
- Women cancers (Breast, cervix and Endometrium)
- She successfully installed Asia Pacific first ever TrueBeam STx machin.
- She successfully treated 4,000 patients in past 5 years.
- She offers latest and unique high end techniques like stereotactic ablative body radiotherapy (SBRT) fir any tumor in the entire bidy, Gated RapidArc for lung and liver rumors moving with respiration, DIBH gated radiotherapy for left sided breast cancers and image guided interstitial brachytherphy for gynecological cancers.