Department of Childcare
We welcome you to the Department of Childcare at BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Kengeri, Bangalore. We have a specialized team with some of the best paediatricians in Bangalore, providing you with the best care supported by excellent medical facilities. We aim to provide high-standard of care for critically ill children and provide them with timely medical assistance. We are one of the best hospitals for childcare in Bangalore for paediatric care.
General paediatrics is one of the largest categories under paediatrics. We have a team of paediatrician and other allied paediatric care specialists who work together to improve the quality of a child’s health and provide the best treatment possible personalized to its needs. Being one of the best paediatric hospital in Bangalore, we strive to perform and excel in our jobs. With joy and humility, we address the unique and evolving needs of every child and help in shaping the future generation with expert paediatric care.We have different services provided by the hospital such as Wellness Visits, Immunizations Walk-In, Clinic, Prenatal Visits, New-born Visits, Circumcisions, Lab, X-ray, Sports Physicals, Nutrition Information, etc.
Why choose us?
Parents choose us for their child because we are one of the best hospitals for childcare in Bangalore. You will experience the best care and treatment here. We are equipped with latest technologies for faster diagnosis, treatment and care. childcare and general paediatrics. We will help you in going through all the options for bringing your child back to good health and assist you in making healthy and fully informed decisions.
Being among some of the best paediatric hospitals in Bangalore, we provide you with all the medical assistance for the best treatment for your child. We make sure that you never have any doubts about your child’s health, and that’s why we have the best childcare doctors in Bangalore at your service. We have the most experienced paediatricians to give you expert advice when you have any confusion regarding any matter. We have constantly grown and evolved to meet better the needs of the families we serve.
Our Diagnostic Capabilities
Being one of the best hospitals for childcare in Bangalore, we develop a diagnostic and treatment plan catering to the needs of the child and the family. And once we are satisfied with it, we facilitate further evaluation and treatment with the larger team, which consists of some of the best paediatricians in Bangalore. We coordinate and communicate well with the staff and doctors of our hospital so that nothing is compromised in giving the best treatment. Being one of the best paediatric hospital in Bangalore, we also have world-class doctors to provide the best and comprehensive diagnosis for children and infants. Our aim is to ameliorate the health of the children by modelling the best health treatment plans and executing the same with the help of the best medical facilities. Being one of the best children’s hospitals in Bangalore is what motivates us to push ourselves to give out the best.
We have been improving ourselves to provide you with the most updated technologies and give the best treatment possible. We have amongst us, some of the best childcare doctors in Bangalore to provide a comprehensive medical plan for the child.
Basic diagnostic facilities that are available on a 24-hour basis for children and infants at our centre include the following:
- Routine x-ray imaging for abdominal, skull, thoracic, and orthopaedic studies
- Clinical laboratories that provide haematology, blood chemistry, and blood gas studies from small volume blood samples and blood banking services with prompt response times
- Pharmacy services providing age- and size-appropriate drugs and dosing
- Access to references for drug information and drug dosing
- Availability of the following services as and when needed: child life; social work; and respiratory, physical, occupational, and speech therapies
Some of the other diagnosis facilities we provide
- Defibrillator designed with paddles for infants and children and an easily readable chart for reference
- Scales and stadiometer for infants and children
- Thermometers and blood pressure measuring device for paediatric patients
- Cardiorespiratory monitors
- Pulse oximeters
- Papoose board for immobilization of infants and toddlers
- Backboard for cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Portable lamps for emergency bedside procedures
- Motor-driven nebulizers and electric suction machines
- 24 hours access to an electrocardiograph machine
- Wheelchairs, crutches, slings, and splints for all paediatric age groups
Apart from these, we have various medical facilities to provide a comprehensive and best treatment to the children, which will make their recovery easier.
Treatment & Procedures
Being one of the best childcare hospitals in Bangalore, our paediatric medical experts provide the highest quality care to the children and infants. Along with the health care team, we are dedicated to providing excellent medical treatment to all our paediatric patients. Having some of the best paediatricians in Bangalore, the seamless collaboration between primary care and specialty care ensures that we will provide the best and most effective medical treatments to all the patients we serve.
General Paediatric and Adolescent Medicine
GPAM experts give an evaluation, assessment, and management for children and teenagers with diagnostic difficulties and for those with complex medical needs. Patients who are seen in GPAM clinics may also require the involvement of multiple paediatric specialists. We also perform health care check-ups, research, training and teaching, and advocacy which is dedicated to the well-being of all children by improving the quality of primary health care; and Understanding, preventing and addressing major causes of child, adolescent, and young adult’s poor health and mortality.
Some areas of our clinical expertise include:
- Adolescent medicine
- HIV and AIDS prevention and care
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Children and youth special-healthcare needs
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Developmental screening and referral
- Drug and alcohol use and abuse
- Family support
- Injury prevention
- Management of chronic diseases in children
- Mental health care for children and families
- Neuraly mediated hypotension
- Obesity prevention and management
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Sexually transmitted diseases
Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery
Children tend to be playful. It is their nature. And during their playtime, it is natural to get hurt. Our Paediatric Orthopaedic surgeons know how to examine a child during this situation, and they handle it pretty well. A child’s musculoskeletal system is different from that of an adult. It is in a developing stage and needs to be handled delicately. Our hospital has paediatric orthopaedic surgeons who diagnoses, treats, and manages children’s musculoskeletal problems, such as:
- Spine Conditions: a normal spine is strong and mobile. While it varies from the shape and size of the person, a healthy spine has a natural front-to-back curve, and if it isn’t like that, the child may have a spine problem such as Kyphosis, Hypo-kyphosis, Thoracic lordosis, and Hyper-lordosis.
- Hip Conditions: A child who has a hip problem may feel pain in the hip, groin, thigh, or knee. He or she may limp or be unable to stand, walk, or move the hurt leg. Hip problems may be congenital (at the time of birth) or may develop due to an injury, inflammation, infection, or tumor growth.
- Knee conditions: Kids and teens may injure a knee in a fall or accident. Active and athletic kids might have more knee injuries. These knee injuries happen when they train too much or makes repetitive motions involving the knee. Some of the knee injuries are Osgood-Schlatter disease, Osteochondritis dissecans, and Bursitis.
- Foot and ankle conditions: when a child grows, one might notice they are not walking straight or maybe walking narrow. These may happen because of conditions like Flatfeet, toe walking, pigeon toes, bowlegs, and knock-knees.
- Shoulder conditions: The shoulder joint is a complex joint that combines many bones, tendons, and muscles, which allows a large range of motion of the arm. The large range of motion of the shoulder makes it more likely to worsen the injury, which can cause shoulder pain. Your child may feel pain only with few movements – such as throwing a baseball – or it may be a constant pain. Specific actions or sports cause many shoulder conditions. Hockey shoulder injuries, as well as skiing and snowboarding, shoulder injuries, are common.
- Genetic conditions: Genetic disorder is a type of disease that includes certain types of birth defects, developmental problems, chronic diseases, and sensory deficits that are inherited from one or both parents. Some of them may be Ear abnormalities, unusually shaped eyes, Facial features that are unusual or different from other family members, Different coloured eyes, Brittle or sparse hair, Excessive body hair, White patches of hair, A large or small tongue, etc.
- General conditions: General conditions can be the different surgeries that the child has to go through after they are born. Some may be Appendicitis, Biliary atresia, Cancer, Gallbladder problems, Gastroesophageal reflux (GERD), Gastroschisis, Hernia, Hirschsprung’s disease, Obesity, Imperforate anus (anal atresia), Necrotizing enterocolitis, Pectus carinatum, reproductive disorders, Short bowel syndrome, spleen disorders, etc.
The Department of Childcare at BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Bangalore has the best set of doctors, surgeons, and specialists who specialize in paediatrics. We have some of the best paediatricians in Bangalore to give expert medical advice, which you require. They are well-trained and have a great knowledge of their work and specialization. They excel in their fields and treat their patients with the utmost care. We are one of the best hospitals for childcare in Bangalore and make sure that every child has a satisfactory journey of treatment here. We can assure you that your child will be in great hands and will have a very comfortable journey to recovery. It is our sole responsibility to give the best that we can.
Dr Bharath A P
Dr Bhaskar M V
MBBS, MD (Pediatrics)