Welcome to the Department of Endocrinology & Diabetology
Hormones are messengers of our body, which transfer messages from one body part to another by traveling through the bloodstream. Their deficiency or excess can cause severe abnormalities in the body. Hormones form the basis of our endocrine system, and their malfunction can have negative effects on the proper functioning of the body. Endocrinology deals with the study of hormones, their effects, diseases, and conditions caused due to their deficiency or excess. BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals is one of the best endocrinology hospitals in Bangalore with its team of skilled physicians and expert paramedical staff.
The latest technologies and state-of-art infrastructure make us one of the best hospitals for endocrine disorders in Bangalore. With some of the best endocrine doctor in Bangalore on board, we provide a holistic and comprehensive disease management infrastructure. At our centre for endocrinology, we hire compassionate and empathetic staff who ensure that the patient receives the right healing atmosphere. Our strong inter-professional team extends a collaborative approach to the treatment of various diseases.
In the array of hormones, insulin is an important one. It controls blood sugar levels. Deficiency of insulin or its inability to function can cause diabetes due to which there is a predominantly high level of sugar in the blood. In today’s world, there is a need to diversify the diabetic care and treatment depending upon the changing patient needs and advanced technology. At our centre, we hire some of the best diabetologist in Bangalore to help you with the ailment. We offer state-of-art infrastructure with well-equipped labs that provide our patients with the first-class comfort guaranteeing a speedy recovery. Along with the best in technology, we have the best in manpower, too, making us one of the best hospitals for diabetes management of Bangalore.
Why Choose BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals for Diabetology and Endocrinology?
The department of endocrinology at BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals has advanced facilities, with the latest diagnostic techniques along with additional benefits of low-cost hormone treatment, making us one of the best hospitals for internal medicine in Bangalore.
At our centre for diabetology, care and comfort are top priorities, and hence, we keep our patients well informed before any step that we may take for their benefit. The patients can also ask their queries, and we make our best efforts to answer all of them effectively.
We employ some of the best endocrinologists in Bangalore and thus guarantee to deliver exceptional patient and advanced treatment for a wide range of diseases. Our doctors bring a wealth of experience and wide-ranging expertise that has helped us become one of the best hospitals for endocrinology in Bangalore.
We aim at a 360-degree treatment for our patients and make sure that they can again live a normal, stress-free life. Our in-house pros know what they are responsible for and guarantee the best services with assured results at our centre dedicated specially for endocrinology and diabetology. We bring in the very best for you with cost-effective treatment options at our centre. We promise to deliver world-class treatment with utmost care.
Our diagnostic capabilities are unrivalled
The first step towards the treatment of a disease is a complete and accurate diagnosis of the patient’s medical condition. The team of some of the best endocrine doctors, at our centre of internal medicine at BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals, are committed to ensuring that your experience, from consultation to treatment, is relaxed and stress-free, making us one of the best hospitals for diagnosis of endocrine disorders in Bangalore. We start the diagnosis by understanding the patient’s medical history and examination of the symptoms experienced by the patient.
Our department uses a variety of tests to diagnose diabetes:
- Random Blood Sugar Test: This test showcases the blood sugar at any given point of time. Usually, the normal values for blood sugar levels lie between 70 - 125 mg/dL.
- Fasting Blood Glucose Test: In this test, the blood glucose levels are measured early in the morning before the person ingests anything. A blood sugar level of 100-125mg/dL is an indicator of prediabetes while 126 mg/dL or more in an indicator of diabetes.
- Oral Glucose Tolerance Test: Used commonly for gestational diagnosis, this test is performed after the woman has consumed a dose of sugar.
- Glycohemoglobin A1c: This test is used to measure the amount of glucose that is associated with red blood cells. This test provides the status of blood glucose levels of the patient over the past 2-3 months.
Along with the diagnosis of diabetes, we also provide services for diagnosis for other variety of diseases like Addison’s disease, Early puberty, Goitre, Hypercortisolism, Hyperthyroidism, etc. Some of the tests that we perform here are:
- ACTH stimulation test: In this test, ACTH is introduced artificially into the blood. The hormone triggers the production of cortisol hormone, and an adrenal gland’s failure to do so is indicative of adrenal damage.
- In the case of hypercortisolism, various imaging tests like MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging), CT (Computed Tomography) scans are done to check for malfunctioning of the adrenal gland.
- To check whether a person is suffering from goitre, one can either go for a blood test that checks the T3 and T4 hormone levels in the blood or ultrasound that highlights any structural abnormality of the thyroid gland.
- There is also something called nuclear medicine scan, which is done to check whether the gland has developed some nodules or is hypersecreting or overactivity, in case of
Some of the above-mentioned techniques are employed only in a few hospitals in the country, making BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals, one of the best hospital for endocrinology in Bangalore.
What are the diseases and conditions treated by Department of Endocrinology?
Some of the conditions or diseases managed by the Department of Endocrinology include,
- Obesity Management
- Assessment & Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Pituitary Disorders
- Adrenal Problems
- Parathyroid Disorders
- Adrenal Disorders
- Bone Disorders
- Pituitary Disorders
- Reproductive Disorders
- Metabolic Disorders
What are the diseases/conditions treated by the Department of Diabetology?
Diabetes mellitus is a medical condition that occurs when the body cannot utilize glucose efficiently due to the inability of the hormone insulin. At our centre, we help you manage diabetes by suggesting suitable lifestyle changes in your day-to-day life.
People who have diabetes are made to follow specially curated diet plans because a healthy diet helps keep control over the blood sugar levels. It is suggested to increase the intake of fibre-rich products like bread and cereal along with fresh fruits, vegetables, and skimmed milk.
Along with diet, one is also recommended to exercise for at least 30 minutes daily, along with giving up harmful habits like smoking and consumption of alcohol. People who have type 1 diabetes need to take artificial insulin from outside to compensate for its shortage in the body.
We bring you a highly specialized team of knowledgeable professionals in the field of endocrinology, along with best-in-class surgical equipment and cutting-edge technology. BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital is one of the best hospitals for endocrine disorders in Bangalore for the treatment of various hormonal diseases like diabetes, Addison’s disease, hypercortisolism, hypoglycaemia, hyper & hypothyroidism, etc. Along with this, we also have a team of skilful surgeons that specialize in surgeries of the gastrointestinal tract and related organs. Our team also includes consultants that are among the best in the country, along with a world-class team of trained nurses and paramedical staff, making our centre one of the best hospital for diabetes management and endocrine disorders in Bangalore.
Dr Srinath Ashwathiah