Department of Ear, Nose & Throat Care
On behalf of the Ear, Nose, Throat care team of BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Bangalore, we offer you a warm welcome! We are very happy to share information about our department. Ear, Nose, Throat care concentrates on both surgical and non-surgical treatment of a wide variety of ear problems, throat infection, etc. We are amongst some of the best hospitals for ENT in Bangalore.
People with conditions of ear, nose, throat, head, and neck are cared for by the specialists of BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital Department of Ear, Nose, Throat care (ENT). We have some of the best ENT doctors in Bangalore who work closely with specialists from other departments to provide coordinated, comprehensive care for thousands of people each year. Our ENT doctors also consult with paediatric specialists to provide comprehensive care for children.
Being one of the best ENT hospitals in Bangalore, we offer top-notch medical services to our patients. We have some of the best ENT doctors in Bangalore onboard, who examine the root causal factor of the disease, indulge in preoperative evaluation, dialysis support, and comprehensive post-operative care by channelizing our efforts to prevent the chance of recurrence. Our hospital staff provides full support to patients. The sheer number of happy patients gave us a place among some of the best ENT hospital in Bangalore.
BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Bangalore, is undoubtedly amongst the best hospitals for ENT in Bangalore. Our Ear, Nose, and Throat department comprises of some of the best doctors in the country. The hard work and efforts for the patients put by our doctors and the trust imbibed in us by our patients proudly makes us one of the best hospital for ENT in Bangalore.
We are a centre specialized in providing comprehensive care catered to meet patient needs.
- A centre for developing procedures and advanced surgical care
- A centre for harnessing the power of technology to improve patient outcomes
- A centre for delivering patient experiences with empathy and positivity
- A centre for promoting the need for early detection & holistic treatment
Our commitment to improving patient outcomes and patient quality of life remains undeterred. To this end we remain steadfastly committed to:
- Use of advanced technology
- World-class quality standards
- Pioneering new treatment methods
- Employing the best talent
Our diagnostic capabilities are unrivalled
The quality of diagnostic methods plays a significant role in the early detection and evaluation of diseases. Being amongst the best hospitals for ENT in Bangalore for the diagnosis of diseases related to ear, nose and throat care, we maintain the highest standards by applying technologically superior diagnostic services and automated processes which improve the speed and efficiency of results. We have skilled clinicians, experienced ENT doctors, and top equipment at our diagnostic labs. Self-diagnosing common ENT disorders like ear problems, allergy, sinus infection, or throat infection can often be difficult because the symptoms can be similar. Our doctors have tools and tests to make an accurate diagnosis for your ENT problems.
- Diagnosing Ear Infection: If you have symptoms of an ear infection, our doctors will use an otoscope, which is an instrument with a magnifying lens and light, to examine the ear and eardrum. In case of an infection, the ear may be red and swollen with fluid discharge. The main symptoms of "swimmer's ear" include redness in the outer ear and ear canal. Besides, our doctors may also notice pus in the ear canal and scaly or shedding skin.
- Diagnosing Sinus Infection: If our doctor suspects that you have a sinus infection, he or she will look for inflammation and/or discharge in your nose using an endoscope. If other tests that were performed by us are inconclusive, our doctors may use X-rays or a CT scan for further diagnosis.
- Diagnosing Sleep Apnoea: If a patient thinks that he/she has sleep apnoea, our doctors will begin the diagnosis by asking questions, which may include:
- Has anyone informed you that you snore?
- Has anyone informed you that you stop breathing while you are asleep?
- Do you wake up refreshed in the morning, or are you drowsy throughout the day?
- Do you suffer from mood swings or depression?
- Do you wake up often in the night?
After gathering this type of information, our doctors will look inside the mouth of the patient for evidence of enlarged tonsils or anything that may be blocking your airway. The doctor can also order a sleep study to confirm sleep apnoea. In a sleep study, the patient would spend the night in one of the sleep labs, where the oxygen level in the blood, the brain activity, breathing, and heart rate will be monitored while the patient is asleep. Based on the symptoms of the patient, our highly skilled doctors may choose to use a combination of tests to diagnose the specific disorder of the patient. Following the sleep study, our doctor will use the information to create an effective treatment plan.
BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Bangalore is home to some of the best ENT doctors in Bangalore. They inform the patient about the problem with full details and clarity. They keep informing the patients about their customized treatment plans and the time of recovery so that the patient stays positive throughout the treatment.
DIFFERENT DISEASES TREATED BY EAR, NOSE AND THROAT CARE DEPARTMENT
BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Bangalore, has a dedicated ear, nose, throat care team that works towards treating various types of diseases to the best of their efficiencies. Being one of the best hospitals for ENT in Bangalore, we help and guide the patient through the whole treatment process from the beginning to the end. Our doctors prepare the patient well by giving him/her complete knowledge about the process. The different treatments offered by our Ear, Nose, Throat care Department are:
- Balance Disorder: It is a condition that makes a person feel unsteady or dizzy. It can be caused by certain health conditions, medications, or a problem in the inner ear or the brain.
- Dizziness: It means a range of sensations like feeling faint, woozy, weak, or unsteady. It is not a life-threatening situation, but it requires medication.
- Ear Deformities: It can cause a range of complications, from cosmetic issues to hearing and development problems.
- Ear Infections: It occurs when a bacterial infection affects the middle ear — the sections of your ear just behind the eardrum.
- Hearing Problems and Deafness: It refers to the total or partial inability to hear sounds
- Skin Cancers of the Head and Neck: These cancers are caused by ultraviolet radiation from exposure to the sun and tanning beds
- Tinnitus: The perception of noise or ringing in the ears
- Vertigo: It is the constant feeling that you or your environment is moving or spinning
- Abnormal sense of Smell: It is a problem in which you sense an odor that is not there.
- Allergy: It is an inflammatory reaction to house dust mites, mold, animal hair, and pollens.
- Breathing Issues: They are the main causes of all the breathing problems.
- Chronic Sinus Infections: It can be caused by an infection, growths in the sinuses, or swelling of the lining of your sinuses.
- Nasal Obstruction: It refers to some blockage of the nose or nasal cavity and can be caused by a wide variety of problems.
- Nasal Polyps: They are soft, teardrop-shaped, abnormal growths on the tissue lining your sinuses or nasal passages.
- Septal Deviation: It is a physical disorder of the nose, involving a displacement of the nasal septum.
MOUTH AND THROAT
- Adenoiditis: It is an inflammation of the adenoids caused by infection.
- Chronic Cough: It is a type of cough that lasts longer than eight weeks in adults or four weeks in children.
- Non-dental Diseases of the Mouth: These include canker sores that develop inside the mouth, cold sores, and impetigo, which usually affect the area around the outside of the mouth.
- Speech Problems: It is a type of speech disorder which includes stuttering, apraxia, and dysarthria.
- Swallowing Problems: It is the inability to swallow foods or liquids with ease.
- Taste Problems: It is a phantom taste perception, which is a lingering, often unpleasant taste even though you have nothing in your mouth.
- Throat symptoms of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD): These include symptoms such as nausea, burping, hiccups, cough, chest pain, etc.
- Tonsillitis: Inflammation of the tonsils, the two oval-shaped pads of tissue at the back of the throat, and one tonsil on each side
- Voice Loss Problems: Acute laryngitis is the most common cause of hoarseness and voice loss that starts suddenly in the patient.
- Birth Defects: It is a problem that occurs when a baby is developing in utero in the womb.
- Jaw and Face Fractures: These fractures are caused by direct force to the bone through falls, sports injuries, accidents, etc.
- Sleep Apnoea: It is a severe sleep disorder in which a person repeatedly stops and starts breathing.
- Voice Problems: It is a sleep disorder defined as talking during sleep without being aware of it. It is also called sleep-talking.
BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals has one of the best team of ENT specialists in Bangalore to deliver the best treatment and care for ENT problems. Access to a team of highly experienced and some of the best ENT doctors in Bangalore ensures that our patients have access to only the best medical minds, who are ably supported by a world-class team of nurses & paramedical staff. We are one of the best hospitals for ENT in Bangalore. We have the latest equipment for the treatment of diseases. Our success rate, combined with the expertise of some of the best ENT doctors in Bangalore, enables the patients to trust us, and their support has made us one of the most preferred choices!
We are with you in your journey to better health
A consultation with our panel of doctors, specialists and surgeons will help you determine what kind of services you may need to help diagnose and treat your condition. If you or someone in your family or friend’s circle are facing any health issues, please get in touch with us, we are here for you.