General, Minimal Access & Laparoscopic Surgery
BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Kengeri, Bangalore has on-board one of the best team of surgeons to perform Laparoscopic, Minimal Access and General Surgery. We are pioneers in minimal invasive surgery procedures and are known for being amongst the best hospitals in Bangalore for minimal invasive and laparoscopic surgeries.
Minimal access surgery is performed with one or more small incisions rather than a large incision. The respective surgeon moves the telescope with a video camera through a minute incision into the body cavity. The surgeon inspects and operates on the area that is in question by observing magnified images on a television. We take pride in being amongst the best hospital for minimal access surgery in Bangalore.
Laparoscopy is a type of surgery which is performed through small incisions. A telescope with a video camera provides visualization of the operation on a TV monitor to the surgeon. The surgical tools are then moved through further minute incisions, and the whole procedure takes place entirely inside the patient's body. We take pride in being amongst the best hospital laparoscopic surgery in Bangalore.
Endoscopy is a minimally invasive diagnostic tool, used to examine the inside of organs, inspect for abnormalities and take biopsies. A small camera and light source are mounted onto a flexible tube that can be inserted into the mouth or the anus.
BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals performs both general as well as emergency surgery to treat the full spectrum of infirmities affecting the oesophagus, stomach, gallbladder, spleen, and intestines.
Why Choose Us
BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Kengeri, Bangalore is amongst the best hospital in Bangalore which performs Laparoscopy, Endoscopy, Minimal Access Surgery, Minimal Invasive Surgery, and General Surgery. We are a center specialized in providing comprehensive care catered to meet individual needs.
- A center for pioneering procedures and advanced surgical care
- A center for harnessing the power of technology for improved patient outcomes
- A center for delivering positive and empathetic patient experiences
- A center for championing the need for early detection & holistic treatment
Our commitment to improving patient outcomes and patient quality of life remains undeterred.
To this end we remain steadfastly committed to:
- Use of advanced technology
- World-class quality standards
- Pioneering new treatment methods
- Employing the best talent
Our Diagnostic Capabilities
In minimal access surgery, our surgeons use a mixture of techniques to operate with less harm to the body than with open surgery. In general, minimal invasive surgery is associated with lesser pain, a shorter hospital stays and fewer complications. Our accurate diagnosis and treatment make us amongst the best hospitals in bangalore for undergoing minimal invasive surgery procedures.
Laparoscopy is performed by our surgeons through one or more little incisions, using small tubes and tiny cameras and surgical instruments. Another type of minimal invasive surgery is robotic surgery. It provides a magnified and a 3-D view of the surgical site and helps our surgeons to operate with precision, flexibility, and control. The results of our surgeries help us stand tall amongst the best hospitals for laparoscopic surgery in Bangalore.
The continual innovations in minimal access surgery make it advantageous for people with a wide range of conditions. Our countless successful surgeries have helped us become the best hospital for minimal access surgery in Bangalore. If you need surgery and think you may be a candidate for this approach, you may consult our doctors.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF MINIMAL ACCESS SURGERIES CARRIED OUT BY THE DEPARTMENT
Our surgeons perform many minimal access surgeries, including:
- Adrenalectomy to remove one or both adrenal glands
- Anti-reflux surgery, also called hiatal hernia repair, to relieve gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Cancer surgery to destroy a tumor
- Colectomy to remove parts of a diseased colon
- Colon and rectal surgery
- Ear, nose and throat surgery
- Endovascular surgery, to treat or repair an aneurysm
- Gallbladder surgery (cholecystectomy) for eliminating gallstones that cause pain
- Gastroenterological surgery, including for gastric bypass
- Gynaecologic surgery
- Heart surgery
- Kidney transplant
- Nephrectomy (kidney removal)
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Splenectomy to remove the spleen
- Thoracic surgery, such as video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS)
- Urologic surgery
Treatments we offer
Surgical treatment of diseases associated with the adrenal glands, gallbladder, colon, heart, kidney, brain, etc. are performed by our team of general surgeons. However, not all patients would require surgery. We begin with initial investigations and recommend medicines/drugs to alleviate the condition. We advise and perform an endoscopic evaluation to correctly identify the underlying cause of the disease or condition and then personalize the treatment for every patient.
Types of general surgeries performed at BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals
Gleneagles Global Hospitals perform both elective as well as emergency surgery
to treat the full spectrum of conditions affecting the oesophagus, stomach,
gallbladder, spleen, and intestines. Minimal
invasive surgery is our standard of care for both inpatient and
outpatient procedures, which include procedures such as:
- Cholecystectomy: Removal of gallbladder stones using minimally invasive surgical techniques (laparoscopy), with four small abdominal incisions, none larger than an inch.
- Appendectomy: It is used to treat Appendicitis as it is one of the most common illnesses requiring emergency surgical care.
- Hernia surgery: It is used to treat anyone who has the symptoms of a hernia such as pain or a bulge.
- Spleen removal: It is used to remove the spleen and may lead to a marked improvement in anaemia and thrombocytopenia in certain patients, and this can usually be performed laparoscopically, using small incisions and a camera.
- Fundoplication and other procedures for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): It is used to treat GERD, also called acid reflux,which is a common digestive disorder in which stomach contents regurgitate (reflux) into the oesophagus.
Different types of minimal access surgeries done at BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals
- Bariatric (Weight loss) Surgery: BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals is known for being one of the best hospitals in bangalore for bariatric surgery because of its high institutional capabilities and performance. Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery is a treatment for obesity. There are different types of bariatric surgery for obesity treatment. With special expertise in minimally invasive approaches, we offer a full range of metabolic and weight-loss surgeries.
types of weight loss surgery offered
by us are:
- Laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery
- Laparoscopic gastric banding
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery
- Single-incision bariatric
- Diabetes/metabolic surgery
- Vertical sleeve gastrectomy
- Biliopancreatic diversion
Bypass Surgery or Roux-en-Y is
done with tools such as adjustable gastric banding, lap-band, gastric band,
duodenal switch, gastric balloon, etc. There are few side effects of gastric
bypass surgery or Roux— en-Y
but the success rate of gastric bypass surgery at our hospital is very high.
This makes us one of the best hospitals for gastric bypass surgery in
Bangalore. We have also have amongst the best doctors for gastric bypass
surgery in Bangalore along with the best surgeon for gastric bypass surgery in
- Breast Surgery: BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals offers comprehensive multidisciplinary care for patients with all forms of breast disease and breast cancer. Being one of the best hospitals for breast surgery in Bangalore, our team provides evaluation and diagnostic services, second opinion consultations concerning a diagnosis or treatment recommendation, and the full spectrum of treatment opportunities:
- Breast imaging including digital mammography, sonography, MRI, and needle biopsy with imaging
- Genetic testing, counselling, intensive surveillance, prophylactic mastectomy, and other high-risk prevention and management services
- Oncoplastic lumpectomy, skin-sparing and nipple-sparing mastectomy, and other minimally invasive surgical options
- Sentinel node biopsy
- Axillary lymph node dissection with lymphedema prevention protocols
- Colorectal Surgery: Colorectal surgeons in BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals specialize in the treatment of disorders affecting the lower gastrointestinal tract. We are amongst the best hospitals in bangalore for colorectal surgery and provide extensive diagnostic and surgical services for ailments including:
- Colon and rectal cancer
- Diverticulitis and Diverticulosis
- Crohn’s disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- enterocutaneous fistula
- Anorectal conditions such as haemorrhoids, anal fissure, fistula, and rectal prolapse
- GI/Endocrine Surgery: Endocrine surgeons at BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals specialize in treating disorders of the adrenal, thyroid, and parathyroid glands. Being amongst the best hospital for GI/Endocrine Surgery in Bangalore, patients can expect the most extraordinary level of care for mild and cancerous conditions including:
- Thyroid nodules
- Thyroid cancer
- Primary and secondary hyperparathyroidism
- Cushing’s syndrome
- Hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism
- Adrenal cancer
- General Surgery: BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals is one of the best hospitals in Bangalore for General Surgery and performs both elective as well as emergency surgery to treat the full spectrum of conditions affecting the oesophagus, stomach, gallbladder, spleen, and intestines. Minimal invasive surgery is our standard of care for both inpatient and outpatient methods, which include procedures such as:
- Gallbladder removal (cholecystectomy)
- Hernia surgery
- Spleen removal
- Fundoplication and other procedures for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Treatment for gastric cancer
- Hernia Surgery: The surgeons at BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals are adept at repairing complex inguinal, umbilical, and ventral hernias, including primary and recurrent hernias and hernias previously considered irreparable. Being amongst the best hospital for Hernia surgery in Bangalore, we use the newest bioprosthetic materials and laparoscopic techniques to prevent a recurrence, minimize pain, and facilitate a rapid return to normal activity.
- Vascular Surgery: Surgeons at BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals offer the most advanced therapies available to patients with the full range of vascular disease. Being one of the best hospitals for Vascular Surgery in Bangalore, our surgeons have extensive expertise in the management and treatment of aortic, arterial and venous disease. Our surgeons are highly trained in the latest endovascular technology (including patient-customized devices) as well as open surgical techniques.
BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals is committed to performing surgical procedures using minimal access surgery techniques whenever possible, so that the patients may experience faster recovery and fewer post-surgical difficulties. As such, we have become a leader in laparoscopy, endoscopy, surgery in the full range of subspecialties. Our surgeons include many of the most accomplished and proficient surgeons in the country.
BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals has one of the best team of doctors and surgeons in Bangalore to deliver the best treatment and care. Access to a team of highly experienced and well-trained surgeons and consultants, ensure that our patients always have access to the best medical minds, who are ably supported by a world-class team of nurses & paramedical staff. Our doctors are highly qualified and experienced in the fields of laparoscopy, endoscopy, minimal access surgery and minimal invasive surgery.
We are proud to say that we our team has some of the best doctors for minimal invasive surgery in Bangalore, some of the best surgeon for minimal invasive surgery in Bangalore, some of the best general surgeon in Bangalore, some of the best laparoscopic surgeon in Bangalore, some of the best endoscopy doctor in Bangalore, some of the best endoscopy specialist in Bangalore and some of the best laparoscopic doctor in Bangalore
Dr Neel Shetty
MBBS, DNB (General Surgery)
Senior Consultant in the Dept of Surgical Gastroenterology, Minimal Access and Bariatric surgery
Dr Nagabhushan J S
MBBS, MS (Gen Surg), DNB (Gen Surg), MRCSE (UK), DNB - GI Surgery, FHPB, FACRSI
Sr. Consultant Colorectal Surgeon