Department of Mental Health and Psychiatry
In today’s fast-paced world, our ability to cope with everyday stress may break down, and it can take a toll on us. Fear, confusion, and anger may develop. At our centre of Mental Health and Psychiatry at BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals, our team of some of the best psychiatrist in Bangalore provides you a ray of hope to pull you out of the darkness of self-doubt. We take pride in being one of the best hospitals for the treatment of mental health and psychiatric disorders in Bangalore.
We offer comprehensive treatment including evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment for various mental health disorders like depression, bulimia, schizophrenia, obsessive-compulsive disorder, substance abuse, autism, ADHD, and PTSD, amongst others. Our team consists of some of the field’s most established and recognized specialists with a compassionate nature. We believe that we have made progress by measuring the number of people in whom we restore the hope of a better tomorrow. Some of the added benefits include a personalized meal plan to help calm your nerves and a number of counselling sessions to accelerate and enhance the treatment process. The centre has world-class infrastructure and empathetic staff to aid in the quick recovery of our patients. The Department of Psychiatry brings in some of the best talents to help cater to your needs and structures personalized plans, especially for you because, for us, patients come first.
Why Choose Us
A disruption in mental health can affect a person in numerous ways. Since our brain and heart work in rhythm, people with mental illness are at a high risk of developing a heart condition and in worst cases, may also die of a heart attack. Depression and mental illness may also result in blood vessel constriction that leads to incidents of high blood pressure. BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals is one of the best psychiatry hospital in India, offering the best treatment and care for all types of psychiatric conditions.
We employ some of the best doctors in the field and thus guarantee to deliver exceptional patient and advanced treatment for a wide range of mental health diseases and disorders. Our doctors bring a wealth of experience and wide-ranging expertise that has helped us become the top Psychiatry hospital in India.
We aim at a 360-degree treatment for our patients and make sure that they can again live a normal, stress-free life. Our in-house pros know what they are responsible for and guarantee the best services with assured results at our centre dedicated specially for the treatment of mental health disorders in Bangalore. We bring in the very best for you and promise to live up to your expectations. One of the major reasons for being one of the best hospitals for the treatment of psychiatric disorders is the availability of cost-effective treatment options at our centre that appeals to masses and ensures that everyone can access world-class professional help within their budget.
Our Diagnostic Capabilities
Since the symptoms of various mental health disorders align with some of the other body malfunctions, it becomes a challenging task to diagnose these ailments. However, with professional expertise and best psychiatrists in Bangalore along with the latest technological advancements available at our Center for mental health and psychiatry, it is possible to evaluate a person thoroughly and check for any of the mental health disorders, thus, making it one of the best hospitals for treatment of psychiatric treatment in Bangalore.
There are three tiers of examination that are performed by doctors to ensure an accurate diagnosis. These include:
- Physical examination and neurological health: The doctor rules out the chance of any physical ailment that may be causing the symptoms.
- Laboratory tests: These tests are done to exclude any other conditions like thyroid malfunction or vitamin deficiency.
- Brain imaging: It is a process that checks for changes in brain structure as a result of Alzheimer’s disease. It includes tests like CT(Computerized Tomography) scan, MRI(Magnetic Resonance Imaging), PET( Positron Emission Tomography) scan, and cerebrospinal fluid examination.
- Psychological Examination: The doctor, or more specifically, a psychologist, talk to about your thoughts, feelings, and symptoms. You may also be asked to fill a questionnaire that is then critically analysed by the doctor for any major symptoms of mental health disorder. A manual known as Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), published by the American Psychiatric Association, which defines symptoms for each mental illness, is used to determine which mental illness the patient has. There are various classes of mental health disorders that are diagnosed at our centre, making it one of the best hospitals for the treatment of psychiatric disorders in Bangalore. Some of them are listed below:
- Schizophrenia: This type of mental health disorder affects cognitive brain processing, which hampers the way a person thinks, talks, and expresses. People suffering from this disorder hear noises that are not there, and this constitutes one of its major symptoms.
- Bipolar Illness: This affects the personality of the patient and relates more to mood disturbance. There are constant mood fluctuations seen in people suffering from such kind of disorders.
- Depression: This one takes a toll on a person’s emotional quotient and causes the most damage. This disorder can heavily affect a person’s ability to function normally.
- Obsessive-compulsive and related diseases: Symptoms for this kind of disorder include preoccupations and obsessions of certain things like cleanliness.
Treatment & Procedures
Being one of the best hospitals for treatment of psychiatric disorder in Bangalore, we customize your treatment depending upon the mental health disorders that you have, its severity, and what works best for you. In chronic cases, a special team is assigned to you that takes care of your treatment to make sure that your psychiatric and medical needs are met. The team consists of a primary care doctor, physician, psychotherapist, pharmacist, and some of the best psychiatrists in Bangalore. A psychiatrist is a doctor who diagnoses mental health and prescribes drugs while a psychologist merely heals the mental illness by discussions, talks, and therapeutic sessions. There are different ways in which treatment for mental disorders is done:
- Medication - This approach doesn’t cure the mental illness but reduces the symptoms, making it easier for other treatments like psychotherapy to work. Some of the psychiatric prescribed medicines include antidepressants, anti-anxiety medication, mood-stabilizing medication, and antipsychotic medication (specifically for schizophrenia). Antidepressants help improve symptoms like sadness, lack of concentration, and decreased energy. Some anti-anxiety medication, although helpful for a short while, has the potential to cause dependency, making its prescription a precarious task. Mood stabilizing medication is often used in the case of bipolar disorders and, sometimes, to treat symptoms of depression.
- Psychotherapy - This is a kind of non-drug treatment and is often called talk therapy. It involves talking about the various mental health issues faced by you to a mental health professional. In most cases, a psychotherapist who is qualified and trained specially for this task is assigned to you. It is believed that talking about your condition and vocalizing your thoughts makes you understand your moods, feelings, and thoughts better, and with the insights that you gain about yourself helps you cope with stress and anxiety disorders. Psychotherapy has a lot of types, each of which is performed depending on the severity of the case. Psychotherapy is considered one of the safest and, if executed properly, the most effective way of dealing with mental and psychiatric disorders.
- Brain-stimulation treatment - In cases when medication and psychotherapy doesn’t work, brain stimulation treatments are used. Some of the brain stimulation treatments include electroconvulsive therapy, repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation, deep brain stimulation, and vague nerve stimulation.
- Hospital and residential treatment programs - In chronic cases, it is recommended that the patient is admitted to a psychiatric hospital. Cases, where the person is in danger of hurting himself or someone else, necessitate the need to admit him to a hospital. Our 24-hour inpatient care takes care of such cases. There is also an option of outpatient treatment at our Center.
We bring you a highly specialized team of knowledgeable professionals along with best-in-class equipment and cutting-edge technology. BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals is one of the best hospitals for the treatment of psychiatric disorders and mental health disorders. A person’s true wealth lies in his mental health, and we aim at assisting you the best we can, in treating mental health disorders. We employ some of the best psychiatrists in Bangalore to help you overcome mental health problems.
They are specially trained to deal with extreme cases of mental health disorders and are empathetic individuals you can rely on for treating various mental health conditions. Our team also includes consultants that are among the best in the country, along with a world-class team of trained nurses and paramedical staff, making our centre one of the best hospitals for mental health treatment Bangalore.
Dr K Raghu K
MBBS, MD (Psychiatry)
We are with you in your journey to better health
A consultation with our panel of doctors, specialists and surgeons will help you determine what kind of services you may need to help diagnose and treat your condition. If you or someone in your family or friend’s circle are facing any health issues, please get in touch with us, we are here for you.