Bangalore Gastroenterology Hospitals
Gastric sciences deal with the ailments of the stomach, liver, pancreas, and intestine. At BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals, we bring you a team of highly experienced professionals from all over the country to assist you in all the problems related to the gastrointestinal tract. BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals is one of the best Bangalore gastroenterology hospitals due to the top-class treatment of ailments regarding gastrointestinal problems that the patients receive.
Thus, the department is specially dedicated to early detection, diagnosis, and treatment of any of the parts of the gastrointestinal tract. It specializes in taking care of any problem associated with pancreatic-biliary, bowel, and liver-related conditions. The Institute is known for being a centre of excellence and has an undeterred reputation in the field of gastroenterology.
The hospital has state-of-art architecture along with a team of qualified and some of the best gastroenterologists in Bangalore that supervises the entire process from initial assessment to care about the surgery. Our gastroenterologists are highly trained professionals with critical acclaim and have been honoured at international forums. At BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals, various gastrointestinal diseases have been treated that include:
- Mal-absorption Syndrome
- Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Irritable Bowel Diseases
We customize and personalize treatment catering to the specific needs of our patients, along with advising a particular diet and lifestyle changes. We make sure that you are treated with the utmost care and can return to your normal life.
FAQ- Gastroenterology Hospital
What does the gastroenterology department do?
The Gastroenterology Department Institute is known for being a centre of excellence and has an undeterred reputation in the field of gastroenterology, the department is specially dedicated to early detection, diagnosis, and treatment of any of the parts of the gastrointestinal tract. It also specializes in taking care of any problem associated with pancreatic-biliary, bowel, and liver-related conditions. The Institute is known for being a centre of excellence and has an undeterred reputation in the field of gastroenterology.
Why choose BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals for treating gastric problems?
- The digestive system is a very important organ system in our body that ensures vital nutrients reaches the body for its growth and well-being. Hence it is crucial to seek the finest medical care when a problem arises in any part of the digestive system. We have a team of best gastroenterologists and surgeons who are highly skilled and trained in evaluating and treating the most complex and challenging gastric condition or disorder, with or without surgery.
- BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals is amongst the best gastroenterology hospital in the country that offers the best treatment for all types of gastroenterological diseases like bowel disorders, pancreato-biliary malfunctions, and liver diseases.
- It caters to its patients with the help of its cutting-edge technologies available at the hospital, thereby making it one of the best gastroenterology institutes in the country. Along with the technological advancements that are made available to the patients, the hospital is also known as one of the best centres for the treatment of gastro-intestinal diseases and disorders because of its affordable low-cost treatment options that can be availed by many people.
- We provide both in-patient and out-patient services for the diagnosis and treatment of gastroenterology conditions. Our medical expertise combined with the availability of advanced medical technology for the diagnosis and treatment of the digestive conditions and the excellent team of allied support staff and nursing team that we have, ensure that you get the best possible outcomes.
- Our doctors are specialized in treating a wide range of diseases or conditions associated with digestive tract including Gastritis, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Oesophageal Cancer, Helicobacter Pylori Infection, Gastric Cancer, Colorectal polyps and cancer, Pancreatitis, Peptic Ulcers, Ulcerative Colitis, Hernia, etc.
- Our diagnostic capabilities include Diagnostic Endoscopy, Therapeutic Endoscopy, ERCP, Endoscopic Ultrasound, Manometry, Enteroscopy, Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic Surgeries, etc.
- The main objective of our team of medical and surgical gastroenterologists is to improve your quality of life, improve your digestive disorder or function regardless of your condition and thereby empower you to take control of your health. We strive our best to achieve this.
We are a centre that dedicates their time and lives to ensure the well-being of and provide holistic care to the patients
- A centre for path-breaking procedures and advanced surgical care
- A centre for utilizing the power of technology to improve patient outcomes
- A centre for delivering patient care with empathy and positivity
- A centre for promoting the need for early detection & comprehensive treatment
The centre is one of the best hospitals for gastroenterology in Bangalore known for its pioneering procedures and advanced surgical care.
Our commitment to improving patient experiences and outcomes remains steadfast, and we remain committed to
- Use of advanced technology
- Top class quality standards
- Introduce and develop new treatments
- Recruit only the best
Diagonsis of Gastric dieases
We are committed to ensuring that your experience with us is relaxed and worry-free, right from consultation through recovery. The first step is to reach an accurate diagnosis of the digestive disorder. We begin this by undertaking a thorough medical history, understanding the symptoms you have experienced and note down any other pertinent information that you share that will help accurately diagnose the condition. A physical examination is also carried out to help assess the problem more completely. However, many patients require a more extensive diagnostic evaluation through laboratory test, imaging studies and/or endoscopic procedures which will help us identify the underlying condition more accurately. We provide specialized diagnostic and therapeutic procedures and services to diagnose and treat patients with a wide variety of gastrointestinal disorders. Our centre is equipped with cutting-edge gastroenterology equipments to support diagnosis and treatment and thereby provide the best possible patient care. We provide the best treatment and care for digestive disorders and related conditions. Some key diagnostic procedures that we offer to help diagnose and treat gastrointestinal and liver conditions include the following:
Treatment For Gastritis
There are many treatment options along with the choice of surgeries that helps patients experience world-class technology at its best. BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals is one of the best hospitals for the treatment of gastrointestinal diseases offering the utmost care and cutting-edge technology along with diverse treatment options. It offers surgical treatments of diseases associated with the gall bladder, pancreas, intestine, liver, rectum, and anus along with the upper and lower gastrointestinal tract. The surgeries are performed by well-trained professionals that specialize in this area and are well-versed with the technicalities. Not all patients required surgery. In such cases, medicines/ drugs are prescribed that help alleviate the condition.
We provide holistic treatment for gastritis and for a wide spectrum of gastrointestinal disorders, which include:
Gall bladder - The gallbladder performs the function of storing bile until it is required for fat digestion in the intestine. At times, it may suffer malfunction resulting in gallstones and leading to a condition called cholecystitis. We offer treatment for the removal of the gall stones and recommend drugs for reducing the inflammation of the gallbladder. Some of the conditions treated include
- Cholecystitis (inflammation)
Stomach and Oesophagus - The food is churned, and acids act upon it in the stomach. Improper flow of acid into the stomach may result in peptic ulcers. There are cases where the acid reflux mechanism is defective, resulting in chronic cases of acid accumulation in the stomach. Such cases require comprehensive drugs that do not worsen the situation along with strong antacids. Some of the conditions treated include
- Indigestion/ Acid Reflux/ Oesophagitis/ Gastritis /GERD
- Hiatus Hernia
- Gastric Cancer
Duodenum - Similar to the stomach, the duodenum is also prone to ulcers since it is the site for complete digestion and assimilation of food. Such ulcers are also treated at our centre. Some of the conditions treated include
- Duodenitis (Inflammation)
- Liver - This organ produces and secretes bile, a fluid that is required for the emulsification of fats and fat digestion in the duodenum. At times, liver infection may occur, giving rise to cysts. Furthermore, people who consume large amounts of alcohol may suffer from liver cirrhosis, and in chronic conditions, liver cancer may also occur. We provide services for the treatment of such extreme cases with appreciative results in terms of patient turnaround. Some of the conditions treated include
- Cysts in Liver
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Fatty Liver
- Pancreas - Pancreatic inflammation may occur similar to that of the gallbladder, which is also treated at our centre. Drugs with minimum to null side effects are prescribed to ensure rapid recovery. Some of the conditions treated include
- Pancreatic Inflammation
Major surgeries and treatment for gastritis performed at our centre include:
- Upper GI endoscopy
- Hiatus hernia repair
- Anti-reflux surgery
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Endoscopic Retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
We bring you a highly specialized team of knowledgeable professionals along with best-in-class surgical equipment and cutting-edge technology. BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals is one of the best hospitals for the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders which include bowel disorders, pancreatic-biliary disorders, liver diseases, with some of the best gastroenterologists in Bangalore from around the country. Along with this, we also have a team of skilful surgeons who specialize in surgeries of the gastrointestinal tract and related organs. Our team also includes consultants that are amongst the best in the country along with a world-class team of trained nurses and paramedical staff, making our centre one of the best hospitals for gastroenterology in Bangalore.
Dr Neel Shetty
MBBS, DNB (General Surgery)
Senior Consultant in the Dept of Surgical Gastroenterology, Minimal Access and Bariatric surgery
Dr Nagabhushan J S
MBBS, MS, FRCSEd, FRCS, FRCS (Gla), CCT (UK)
Lead, Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Sr Consultant GI & Colorectal Surgeon
Dr A M Kuttappa
MBBS, MD (Anesthesiology), F.R.C.A,
Dr Adarsh C K
MBBS, MD (General Medicine), DNB (Gastroenterology) Consultant - Medical Gastroenterology & Endoscopy
Consultant - Medical Gastroenterology & Endoscopy
Dr Bhuvan Shetty
MBBS, MD (Internal Medicine), DM in Gastroenterology
Consultant – Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist
Dr Sreedhar P
MBBS, DA, DNB (Anaesthesiology)
Dr Rajeev Dayanda
MBBS, MD (Anaesthesiology), FRCA (UK)
From the Doctor's Desk
We bring to you exclusive articles and videopods from our panel of experienced team of doctors. The articles revolve around myriad topics covering different aspects of a disease or condition right from what its about to its causes, symptoms, risk factors, diagnosis, treatment, etc. They also cover latest trends, technological advancements and new treatment methods. Stay tuned to this page for latest updates.
How to identify Gastrointestinal (GI) Bleeding
Dr C K Adarsh
Gastro team at bgs