Department of Neuro Sciences, BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals Bangalore
Neuroscience is defined as the study of the nervous system of the human body. It is a branch of the subject biology. Neuroscience is a combination of various fields like mathematics, psychology, cytology, molecular biology, physiology, anatomy, and different other subjects.
In the field of neurology, any disorder, ailment, or disease concerning the nervous system (both central and peripheral) is diagnosed, treated, and cured. A neurologist handles any disorder regarding blood vessels, coverings, brain, spinal cord, or muscle. Treatment of neurological conditions can be obtained from neurology hospital.
Neurosurgery comprises of the diagnosis, prevention, or surgery, in any part of the central or peripheral nervous system. Some of the major types of neurosurgery carried out in neurosurgery hospital include spine surgery, ventricular shunt, Pediatric neurosurgery, brain tumors, surgery for traumatic injuries, and much more. Treatment for neurological diseases can be treated effectively only in specialized neurological centers.
One of the best hospitals for neurological diseases in Bangalore is BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals. The hospital offers excellent infrastructure that includes a peaceful atmosphere, cafeteria providing healthy food, comfortable beds, and separate rooms for patients. We rank among the best hospital for neurosurgery in Bangalore because we have combined experience with technology to ensure successful results. We strive continuously to develop our infrastructure and medical equipment to give our patients the best treatment.
Why choose BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals for Treatment of Neurological Disorders?
One of the most vital organs in the human body is the brain. It is mandatory to take proper care of it and all the parts of the nervous system. Any issue or disorder in any part of the nervous system will lead to severe complications. Some disorders may even make a person immobile. Hence, to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any neurology related diseases, it is necessary to choose the best hospital for neurology in Bangalore for treatment.
The reason why patients choose BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals for Neurology and Neurosurgery are:
- Intensive care units: Our hospital houses more than 120 ICUs. Separate ICUs are allotted for neurology and neurosurgery.
- Advanced technology: We have exploited the latest and advanced technologies and made use of effective medical devices that are budding in the market to provide our patients with the best care possible.
- Proper treatment and care: We have amongst the best doctor who dedicates their time, effort, and experience to treat the patients entirely and satisfactorily.
- Well-equipped operation theatres: The reason why we are termed as the best hospital for neurological diseases in Bangalore is that we have the best doctors who carry out successful surgeries. The OT is filled with all the necessary and advanced medical tools.
- Commitment: Our doctors are committed to serve you and provide the best treatment for neurological diseases.
- Entire procedure: Once you approach our hospital, you need not worry as you are in the best hands. Our neurology hospital takes care of the needs of patients like no other, and all the tests, procedures, and follow-ups can be done under one roof. The patient can experience hassle-free treatment.
Diagonsis of Neurological Disorders
Taking care of your body is necessary to avoid extreme complications. An early diagnosis will help the patient from undergoing tedious medications or painful surgeries. We rank in the list of the best hospital for treatment of neurological diseases in Bangalore because our team of best doctors and lab technicians carry out the testing process in an effective way and provide relevant results from the determination of neurological conditions.
Our neurosurgery hospital offers various diagnostic procedures that include:
- Nerve Conduction Tests
- Electromyography Studies
- Evoked Potential Studies
- Motor Unit Number Estimation
- Autonomic Nervous System Evaluation
- Small Fiber Neuropathy Evaluation
- Invasive & Non- Invasive Video EEG Tests
- High-speed CT imaging
- High Definition PET, SPECT, MRI, 4D CT scan
- Interventional Angiography
- EMG Testing
- Genetic Testing
- Sleep Patterns Test
- Neuropsychological evaluations
The neurology hospital acts as a rehabilitation centre and provides various other services, including:
- Cranial Endoscopic Neurosurgery Centre
- Hydrocephalus Centre
- Spine Endoscopic Neurosurgery Surgery Centre
- Endovascular Neurosurgery Center
- Brain Tumor center
- Pituitary Centre
- Acoustic Schwannoma Center
- Emergency Stroke Program
Our hospital performs a useful and accurate diagnosis of neurological conditions. After the diagnosis, our specialists in the neurology department will analyze the patient's report and assign the care required. If the condition is critical, then the patient is assigned one of our best surgeons to carry out neurosurgery.
Treatment of Neurological Disorders
Our hospital offers the best doctors and is considered to provide effective neurology treatment and neurosurgery. Here is the list of various types of treatment for neurological conditions and neurosurgeries carried out at BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital.
Types of neurosurgeries carried out at our hospital:
- Stereo EEG Implantation: In this procedure, electrodes are used to track the activity of the brain. A tiny device is placed inside the brain to reduce seizures.
- Subdural Grid Implantation: It is done to reduce seizures
- Intraoperative EEG: It is done to monitor the functioning and activities of all the parts of the nervous system.
- Functional Brain Mapping: This procedure gives all the information regarding the brain, spinal cord, and other parts of the nervous system.
- Craniotomy: In this operation, the bone flap is removed (temporarily) to treat the brain.
- Complex Temporal Epilepsy Surgery: This surgery is carried out to treat people with seizures.
- Hemispherectomy: The affected part of the cerebral hemisphere is removed.
- Deep Brain Stimulation: A small device is placed inside the body that sends electrical signals to the brain to improve the working of the brain.
- Thrombolysis: In this surgery, the blood clots are removed to enable proper blood and oxygen flow.
- Mechanical thrombectomy: This procedure is carried out for patients with ischemic stroke. The clot is removed in this surgery.
- Botulinum Toxin Injection: These injections are injected into the skin to prevent spasms and tighten up the muscles.
Types of neurology related conditions or issues that are treated by our hospital are:
- Hemiplegia: Muscle weakness or partial paralysis caused in any part of the body (especially the legs, hands, or facial muscles). Choose us as we are considered the Best hospital for the treatment of Hemiplegia in bangalore.
- Aphasia: In this disorder, a person is unable to communicate correctly and faces speech disorder. Get treated effectively only from the best hospital for the treatment of Aphasia in bangalore
- Stroke: Strokes occur when sufficient blood is not supplied. It causes seizures and tumors in the brain.
- Epilepsy: Inappropriate nerve cell activity is termed as epilepsy. Frequent seizures are the main symptom.
- Alzheimer’s Disease: This disease usually occurs in older adults and cause memory loss.
- Dementia: Dementia is associated with improper functioning of the brain. It causes memory loss and damages the thinking skills of a person.
- Neuropathy: Nerve damage, along with numbness, weakness, and pain, especially in hand and feet, is neuropathy.
- Neuralgia: Pain and irritation caused in the nerve is neuralgia. It feels like an electric shock.
- Multiple Sclerosis: The protective layer that covers the nerves and nervous system gets depleted and consumed by the immunity system.
Myasthenia Gravis: It is a neuromuscular disorder. It causes fatigue, weakness, and a lack of strength in the muscles.
Best Neurologists in Bangalore
BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals is considered one of the best hospitals for neurosurgery as it offers effective treatment for neurological diseases. We have some of the best doctors and the best surgeons who are experienced and strive hard to achieve satisfactory results. We only employ the best of doctors, surgeons, hospital staff, and nurses. Our team will assist and guide the patient throughout his medical journey and completely cure him (or her). Visit BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals, one of the best neurology hospitals in bangalore for consultation, treatment, or surgery. Satisfaction and the complete cure of our patients is our ultimate aim.
Consultant Neuro Anaesthisia
Dr Kishore Kotha
MBBS, MD Paediatrics, PGDDN
Dr Madhusudhan B K
MBBS, MD (General Medicine), DM (Neurology), EPILEPSY (UHN-Canada)
Consultant - Neurology
Dr A M Kuttappa
MBBS, MD (Anesthesiology), F.R.C.A,
MBBS, MD (Anaesthesiology), FRCA (UK)
MBBS, DA, DNB (Anaesthesiology)
From the Doctor's Desk
We bring to you exclusive articles and videopods from our panel of experienced team of doctors. The articles revolve around myriad topics covering different aspects of a disease or condition right from what its about to its causes, symptoms, risk factors, diagnosis, treatment, etc. They also cover latest trends, technological advancements and new treatment methods. Stay tuned to this page for latest updates.
Dr Veeresh Mathad