Department of Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement, BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitalss Bangalore
On behalf of the members of the Department of Orthopaedics and Joint Replacement, we offer you a warm welcome. We are pleased to share information about our program. Orthopaedics refers to a branch of medicine that deals with injuries and diseases of the musculoskeletal system of the body. The musculoskeletal system includes bones, ligaments, joints, muscles, tendons, and nervous. It is responsible for the various movements done by the body. Some specialized orthopaedic surgeons provide care to athletes and sportspersons. BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals is one of the best hospitals for Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement in Bangalore.
It is a dedicated centre for the early detection, diagnosis, and treatment of different diseases and injuries in the musculoskeletal system of the body. The Department seeks to be a centre of excellence, providing comprehensive and cutting-edge services for all Orthopaedic surgery and related conditions. To meet this objective, the Department is equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure and headed by a dedicated team of some of the best Orthopaedic doctor in Bangalore, supported by well-trained nurses and para-medical staff to lend excellence-driven, patient-centric care.
Our panel of some of the best Orthopaedic specialist in Bangalore are internationally trained. The guide patients through every step from early assessment to diagnosis and treatment of bone problems. We personalize and customize a treatment plan to match every patient's needs. Expert guidance on diet and lifestyle changes is also provided to bring the patients back to good health and take preventive measures.
Why choose BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals for orthopaedic and joint repalcement?
We are a hospital that is specialized in providing comprehensive care catered to individual needs
- A centre for innovating procedures and advanced surgical care
- A centre for utilizing technology the power of technology for improved patient outcomes
- A centre for providing positive and empathetic patient experiences
- A centre with expertise in the need for early detection and holistic treatment
We are equipped with some of best orthopaedic specialists in Bangalore and the best orthopaedic consultants in Bangalore. They are highly skilled and specialized in treating different types of Orthopaedic conditions. Our treatment and care extend to orthopaedic conditions like injuries, diseases of the bones, joints, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Our comprehensive care team is inclusive of orthopaedic physicians, orthopaedic surgeons, physical therapists, rehabilitation specialists, other advanced care providers, and support staff.
The various conditions we cure with our excellent team include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, knee replacement, hip replacement, ACL repair, ligament repair, shoulder injury, tendinitis, avascular necrosis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, cervical spondylosis, etc.
We are committed to improving patient outcomes and patient quality of life. For this we make use of:
- Use of advanced technology
- World-class quality standards
- Pioneering new treatments methods
- Employing the best talent
We are well equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostic tools and procedures like X-rays, MRIs, CT Scans, Bone Scans, Arthrography Discography, Doppler Ultrasound, Peripheral Bone Density Testing, etc. We make use of minimally invasive arthroscopy and arthroplasty techniques concerning the nature of the orthopaedic condition.
Diagonsis of Orthopaedic problems
We aim to provide a relaxed and worry-free experience, right from the consultation to recovery. The very first step is the accurate diagnosis of orthopaedic conditions. The orthopaedic services at BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital depend on a set of robust and accurate diagnostic tests to correctly identify the problem area and to determine the nature of the musculoskeletal injury. Post the diagnosis, our orthopaedic doctors work with experts from related specialties to develop a well-rounded plan of treatment.
They conduct physical examinations to check if muscles are equal in both sides of the body, swollen joints, growth or cysts around the joints, misalignment in the skeleton, etc.
Essential Diagnostic Procedures Carried Out
- Arthrography: It is a surgical procedure performed to see inside the joint. It is a minimally invasive surgery done on a joint. It is done by inserting an arthroscope, an endoscope in the joint, through a small incision.
- Bone scans: This is an imaging test that helps in diagnosing problems in the bone. They determine the amount of tissue is removed and replaced in the body.
- Discography: This test is performed to locate abnormalities in the disc. This diagnosis helps in curing back pain.
- Doppler Ultrasound: It is a test done to measure the amount of blood through the bloodstream with the help of high-frequency sound waves. The bloodstreams are usually the ones supplying blood to arms and legs.
- Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry: It take the measure of bone mineral density.
- Electromyography: It records the electrical activity produced by skeletal muscles.
- Flexibility Test: It determines the flexibility of the lower back and hamstrings.
- Peripheral bone density: It measures bone density in the lower arm, wrist, fingers or heels. Only this test can diagnose osteoporosis before the occurrence of broken bones.
Treatment of Orthopaedic problems
Surgical treatments of different skeletomuscular diseases and conditions are performed by our team of orthopaedic surgeons. However, not every patient requires surgery. We commence with the initial investigation and recommend medicines/drugs to alleviate the condition. We advise and perform diagnostic exams to correctly identifying the underlying cause of the disease or condition and then personalize the treatment for every patient.
Conditions treated include the following
- Arthritis: It refers to the different conditions that affect joints and the surrounding tissues.
- Avascular Necrosis: It refers to the death of bone tissue because of the lack of blood supply.
- Osteoarthritis: It happens when the protective cartilage at the end of the bone wears down.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: It refers to a long-term, progressive and disabling autoimmune disease which leads to swelling and inflammation in and around joints.
- Rotator Cuff Strain: It is generally a strain or tear of the muscles, tendons and joint capsules that stabilize the shoulder.
- Shoulder Impingement: It refers to the shoulder pain as a result of a tendon rubbing on a shoulder blade.
- Tennis Elbow: It happens when the tendons in the elbows are overloaded, generally by repetitive motions of wrist and arms.
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament Tear (ACL): It is an injury in one of the major ligaments in the knee.
- Meniscus Tear: It refers to injury caused by forceful twisting which tears certain knee tissues.
- Disc Herniation: It happens when a fragment of the disc nucleus is pushed out of the annulus, into the spinal canal, by a tear or rupture.
- Disc Bulge: It happens when the pressure on a spinal disc ruptures the healthy disc.
- Scoliosis: It is a sideways curvature of the backbone.
- Lumbar Canal Stenosis: It leads to pressure on the spinal cord and the nerves traveling through the spine.
- Stenosis: It refers to abnormal narrowing of a blood vessel or other organs in the shape of a tube.
- PFPS (Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome): It is a pain resulting from problems between the kneecap and the femur.
- Supraspinatus Tendinitis: It causes pain in the shoulder.
- Pes Planus: A condition where the entire sole is in contact with the ground while standing.
- Ganglion Cyst: A small sac of fluid developed over a joint or tendon.
- Gout: It is a form of inflammatory arthritis developed because of the high level of uric acid.
- Hairline Fracture: A small crack/bruise in the bone.
- Greenstick Fracture: It happens when a bone bends and cracks, instead of breaking into pieces.
- Avulsion: It happens when body structure is torn off as a result of trauma or surgery.
- Cervical Spondylitis: It refers to age-related damage affecting spinal disks in the neck.
- Lumbar Spondylosis: Every degenerative condition impacting the discs, vertebral bodies, and associated joints of the lumbar spine.
Orthopaedics surgery is done at the institute of orthopaedics and joint replacement
Cutting-edge Surgical Procedures for Delivery Exceptional Patient-outcomes
- Stem Cell Treatment: It includes bone marrow transplant, etc.
- Arthroscopy: It is performed to detect damages. Read More
- Arthroplasty: It is joint reconstruction or joint replacement by surgery. Read More
- Hip replacement surgery: It involves replacing the hip joint with prosthetic replant. Read More
- Knee replacement surgery: It replaces weight-bearing surfaces of a knee joint. Read More
- Fracture treatment: It involves resetting the bone in place.
Best Ortho Doctors, Specialists and Surgeons in Bangalore
BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals is one of the best hospitals for Orthopaedics in Bangalore. Our orthopedic consultants are widely acclaimed in their respective fields and have a huge amount of experience and expertise. Specialists in different branches of Orthopaedics, our doctors provide comprehensive treatment and care. Visit us at BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Bengaluru, for consulting with some of the best team of Orthopaedic doctors and best Orthopaedic surgeons in Bangalore. We believe in providing the best experience to our patients by supporting them right from the diagnosis to the recovery. Our hospital is well equipped with different infrastructure to aid the doctors in providing the best service. All these reasons and more make BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital one of the best hospitals for joint replacement in Bangalore. To give our patients the joy of movement is our priority.
Dr Santosh Kumar Hakkalamani
MBBS, MS (Ortho), MRCS (Ed), FRCS (Trauma & Ortho), CCT (UK)
Consultant - Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr Basavaraj C M
MBBS, D'Ortho, DNB (Ortho) , MRCS (Glasg), FRCS (UK)
Consultant - Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr.Bhagyashree X V
MBBS, DA, DNB (Anaesthesiology)
MBBS, DA, DNB (Anaesthesiology)
MBBS, MD (Anaesthesiology), FRCA (UK)
Dr Kiran Nagaraj
MBBS, MS Ortho
Dr Kishore Subbaiah
MBBS, MS, M.Ch (Dundee University, UK), AOAA (Swiss), Leeds University, UK
Dr A M Kuttappa
MBBS, MD (Anesthesiology), F.R.C.A,
From the Doctor's Desk
We bring to you exclusive articles and videopods from our panel of experienced team of doctors. The articles revolve around myriad topics covering different aspects of a disease or condition right from what its about to its causes, symptoms, risk factors, diagnosis, treatment, etc. They also cover latest trends, technological advancements and new treatment methods. Stay tuned to this page for latest updates.
One of the best Orthopaedics Departments
Dr Basavaraj C M