Department of Renal Sciences, BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals Bangalore
On behalf of the Renal Sciences team of BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Bangalore, we offer you a warm welcome! We are gratified to share information about our department. We are amongst some of the best hospitals for the treatment of Kidney Diseases in Bangalore. We have the best doctors, infrastructure, and technologies for the treatment of kidney diseases.
With sedentary lifestyles and unhealthy dietary practices of the growing population, kidneys are the organs that are most affected primarily. Chronic kidney disease or CKD and acute kidney injury are on a worldwide rise. CKD affects about 10 to 15% of the world’s population and is associated with accelerated aging and critical cardiovascular complexities. Low hydration, heat stress due to global warming, an inactive lifestyle, and overuse of protein pump inhibitors can contribute to this epidemic.
Being amongst the best hospitals for kidney diseases in Bangalore, the Department of Nephrology offers top-notch medical services to overcome the wide spectrum of adult and paediatric kidney diseases. We examine the root causal factor of the disease, indulge in preoperative evaluation, dialysis support, and comprehensive post-operative care by channelizing our efforts to prevent the chance of recurrence.
We have the latest technological equipment and have a great infrastructure. Our services and the way we deliver them make us one of the best nephrology hospitals in Bangalore. Our doctors are years of experience and are experts in their field. Our hospital staff provides full support to patients. The sheer number of happy patients make us one of the best hospitals for nephrology in Bangalore.
Why choose BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals for treating Kidney dieases?
BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Bangalore, is undoubtedly amongst the best hospitals for the treatment of kidney diseases in Bangalore. We are proud to have performed more than 10,000 successful surgeries for the treatment of kidney diseases. Not only do we have access to treating kidney diseases, but we also have the best doctors for nephrology in Bangalore.
Our nephrology department comprises of the best doctors in the country. The hard work and efforts for the patients put by our doctors make us one of the best hospitals for nephrology in Bangalore. The trust imbibed in us by our patients proudly makes us one of the best nephrology hospitals in Bangalore.
We are a centre specialized in providing comprehensive care catered to meet patient needs.
- A centre for developing procedures and advanced surgical care
- A centre for harnessing the power of technology to improve patient outcomes
- A centre for delivering patient experiences with empathy and positivity
- A centre for promoting the need for early detection & holistic treatment
Our commitment to improving patient outcomes and patient quality of life remains undeterred. To this end we remain steadfastly committed to:
- Use of advanced technology
- World-class quality standards
- Pioneering new treatment methods
- Employing the best talent
Being amongst the best hospital for kidney diseases in Bangalore, we take full care of the patient from the beginning and promise to be by the patient during the full procedure.
Diagnosis of Kidney Dieases
The quality of diagnostic methods plays a significant role in the early detection and evaluation of kidney diseases. Being amongst the best hospital for the diagnosis of kidney diseases, we maintain the highest standards by applying technologically superior diagnostic services and automated processes which improve the speed and efficiency of results. We have skilled clinicians and top equipment at our diagnostic labs, and that makes us one of the best hospitals for the treatment of kidney diseases in Bangalore. Some key diagnostic procedures that we offer for diagnosis and treatment of kidney diseases include the following:
- Urine Analysis: It reveals the excess proteins that are being excreted from the body in the urine. Urine Analysis helps to detect kidney and urinary tract infections.
- Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR): Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR) is estimated by analysing the clearance of a substance that is freely filtered through the filtering units of the kidneys called glomerulus.
- Ultrasound Scanning: Ultrasound scanning uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of the intestinal organs. It helps to detect hydronephrosis, polycystic kidney disease, kidney stones, etc.
- MR Angiography: MR angiography is used to detect abnormalities in the blood vessels within the kidneys.
- Imaging Studies of the Kidney: Imaging studies of the kidney include Computed Tomography scan (CT scan) or Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan to detect renal tumors and cancer.
- Renal Biopsy: In Renal Biopsy, a small amount of renal tissue is taken from the kidney using long thin hollow needles if a lesion is detected.
- Intravenous Urography (IVU): Intravenous urography (IVU) is a test where an iodinated contrast dye is injected into the veins of the patient.
- Scintigraphy: Scintigraphy uses radioactive isotopes that help to detect abnormal functions of the kidney.
- Renal Arteriography: In Renal Arteriography, a thin catheter is inserted into the femoral artery through an imaging study.
Treatment of Kidney Dieases
BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Bangalore, has a dedicated renal sciences team that works towards treating kidney diseases to the best of their efficiencies. We have the best nephrology surgeons from all over the country. Being one of the best hospitals for treatment of Kidney Diseases in Bangalore, we help and guide the patient through the whole process from the beginning to the end. The different treatments offered by the Institute of Renal Sciences of one of the best hospitals for nephrology in Bangalore are:
- Kidney Stones: Kidney stones are the clumps of waste that build up and stick together in the kidneys due to too much waste and not enough fluid in the body. We offer treatment for kidney stones and are amongst the best hospitals for the treatment of kidney stones in Bangalore.
- Prostate Cancer: This cancer occurs in the prostate gland in men that produces the crucial fluid that nourishes and transports sperm. We offer treatment for prostate cancer and are one of the best hospitals for the treatment of prostate cancer in Bangalore.
- Enlarged Prostate: An enlarged prostate means the growth of the prostate gland in its size. However, it does not raise the risk of cancer. We offer treatment for enlarged prostate and we are one of the best hospitals for the treatment of enlarged prostate in Bangalore.
- Kidney Failure: Kidney failure happens when the kidneys lose the ability to sufficiently filter waste from the blood. We offer treatment for kidney failure and we are one of the best hospitals for the treatment of kidney failure in Bangalore.
- Chronic Nephropathy: Chronic Nephropathy is caused by damage to the small blood vessels or to the units in the kidneys that help to clean the blood. We offer treatment for chronic nephropathy and are one of the best hospitals for the treatment of chronic nephropathy in Bangalore.
- Chronic Kidney Disease: Chronic kidney disease is slow and gradual damage to kidney function over several years. A person eventually develops permanent kidney failure if not treated. We offer treatment for chronic kidney disease and are one of the best hospitals for the treatment of chronic kidney disease in Bangalore.
- Kidney Infection: Kidney infection, also known as pyelonephritis, is a very common type of urinary tract infection. We offer treatment for a kidney infection and are one of the best hospitals for the treatment of kidney infection in Bangalore.
- Glomerulonephritis: It is an inflammation of the tiny filters in the kidneys. We offer treatment for Glomerulonephritis and are amongst the best hospital for the treatment of Glomerulonephritis in Bangalore.
- Nephroblastoma: Nephroblastoma is a cancer of the kidneys that most often occurs in children and rarely occurs in adults. We offer treatment for Nephroblastoma and are one of the best hospitals for the treatment of Nephroblastoma in Bangalore.
- Kidney Cysts: Kidney cysts are spherical pouches of liquid that form in the kidneys, associated with serious disorders that may damage the kidney function. We offer treatment for kidney cysts and are amongst the best hospital for the treatment of kidney cysts in Bangalore.
Top Urologists, Nephrologists, Kidney Transplant Surgeons in Bangalore
BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals has one of the best team of doctors and surgeons in Bangalore to deliver the best treatment and care of nephrology. Access to a team of highly experienced and well-trained surgeons and consultants, ensure that our patients have access to only the best medical minds, who are ably supported by a world-class team of nurses & paramedical staff. We are amongst the best hospitals for nephrology in Bangalore. Our doctors have successfully performed over 10,000 surgeries for kidney diseases. With pride and gratefulness, we say that we are one of the best hospitals for the treatment of kidney diseases in Bangalore, and our doctors and patients made it that way. We have the latest equipment for the treatment of kidney diseases, and that makes us one of the best nephrology hospitals in Bangalore. Our success rate and expertise help the patients to trust us, and their support has made us one of the best hospitals for kidney diseases in Bangalore.
Dr Anil Kumar BT
MBBS, MD (General Medicine), DNB (Nephrology)
Senior Consultant – Nephrology
Dr Narendra S
MBBS, MS (General Surgery), M.Ch (Urology)
Senior Consultant Urologist and transplant Surgeon
Dr T V Seshagiri
MBBS, FRCS (Urology - UK)
Consultant Urologist & Andrologist
Dr. Rajiv Elkal Neminatha
MBBS, MD (General Medicine), DM (Nephrology),
We are with you in your journey to better health
A consultation with our panel of doctors, specialists and surgeons will help you determine what kind of services you may need to help diagnose and treat your condition. If you or someone in your family or friend’s circle are facing any health issues, please get in touch with us, we are here for you.